Chapter 19

Peeta's POV

I stand by the steps that will lead us up to our interview which is minutes away. Katniss hasn't made an appearance till now.

I turn my head when I hear footsteps and find her in a dress I love instantly.

She wears a sunset orange gown, the loose and thin fabric at the bottom lifted to reveal her silver heels before falling to the ground. The only shoulder strap has diamonds sparkling showing a fire effect.

Me. Well, I wear just a black suit with an sunset orange tie with just visible swirl effects which sparkle in the light.

Our outfits are so neat!

"You look so sexy." I comment, admiring Katniss.

She kisses my cheek before replying, "But you look hot. No one can beat you."

"I think Caesar could." I joke with a smirk.

"No, no, no. You're the handsome and good looking person I know." Katniss smiles and it's my turn to kiss her cheek.

"Well we have been waiting for them for quite a long time now and I think they needed to pay us a visit." Caesar starts. The audience begins their uproar of applause and I intertwine my fingers with Katniss'.
"Well folks they are paying us a visit today! Please welcome our star-crossed lovers of District 12, Katniss and Peeta Mellark!"

That's our cue. Katniss and I walk up the few steps to the stage hand in hand and we walk onto the stage.

I look briefly upon the crowd and see them standing up and pouring their hearts out. Katniss and I wave with smiles before we meet up with Caesar.

I shake Caesar's hand and then Katniss does. We sit down on the 'love seat' and I get to look at Caesar's outfit. It's similar style to the one at our Quarter Quell games but it's all red. Must be connecting to us someway.

"Welcome you two. How are you?" Caesar asks.

"We are perfectly fine." I say for both of us, I know Katniss won't want to talk much. The crowd now calms down.

"That's very good. Now would you like to give us a bit of a catchup on what's happened in your lives since we last saw you."

"Well.." I say and look at Katniss, signalling her to answer.

"We celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary about a month ago." Katniss says and the crowd screams.

"Wow, the big number 7. Late Congratulations." Caesar states and we nod our heads in thanks.
"Anything else you would like to add?" I shake my head in response.
"Okay. I heard that 12 has been undergoing major repairs lately. How is 12 looking?"

"It's looking wonderful, I never thought 12 would look like how it is now." Katniss says with a big smile.

"Especially when you're in it." I say to Katniss and she faces me.

The crowds sighs in awes and I lean in. Katniss closes her eyes and I kiss her. I give her 3 more short kisses which don't count ask pecks before Caesar interrupts us.

"I know we all love seeing you like that but I have one more question to ask. Any plans for the future?"

We stay silent for 1/2 an minute before replying. "We have thought about it but we don't have any plans just yet."

"Well, I think we would all love to see Mellark kids sometime, right folks!?" Caesar exclaims and the crowd goes into an other uproar.

Katniss looks down at her skirt. I need to change her mood.

"May I Caesar?" I say gesturing to the space on the stage in front of us. Caesar nods and I stand up. I pull Katniss up with me.

I walk with her to where I want to stand and twirl her into my arms. When she reaches me, I lean over with Katniss under me. The crowd cheers in happiness after the action.

"What are you doing?" Katniss asks me and I smile.

"Being in love with you." I answer before kissing her full on the lips.