Chapter 71

“No worries, go on.” Caitlyn gives a firm kick and apparently he sees it because his eyes flicker to my eyes then to my belly and back. I can see through his eyes he wants to feel so I grab his wrist placing his hand on it where she is kicking and she gives a few shy taps before a wicked hard one.

“Strong little guy. So how far are you? You seem kind of small to be full term.” He quickly takes his hand away once he looks back into my eyes with true curiosity.

“Seven and a half, I don’t really remember this far, one day I am six months the next day I am seven and a half months. I hit my head really hard and didn’t wake up till this morning. Then I fell down the stairs hit my head again and now I remember, but they said she wasn’t moving so that’s why I kind of lost it today.” Looking away from his caramel eyes, with hints of hazel, I try to think of other subjects to talk about.

“Wow, what a day for you?”

“Yeah but any ways I want to hear more on how you survived out their? I was at a special camp so we didn’t need to be out their before they blew down the wall.”

“Oh well that day when it happened we were sitting at breakfast listening to the news and Anne’s mom came over that day to say good bye to Anne while she went on a trip. But Cindy, Anne’s mom, didn’t want anything to do with her, when I showed her Anne when she was born she didn’t want to look at her and didn’t hesitate with loosing custody of her. But for some reason she was around more often. Cindy started acting strange before she went to our bathroom and when she came out her eyes were bleeding and her hair was falling out in clumps. I didn’t know what to do so I grabbed Anne from her high chair with my brother and sister and ran up the stairs to the attic locking the door. She only moaned and groaned trying to get in but we wouldn’t let her in. So we all packed out hiking back packs with a tent, cooking supplies, some winter clothes, and a lot of camping food, and water. We waited two days before we were out because she somehow left. But during those days their were screams, and gun shots, bombs, and crashes. I took one of my old ties and wrapped it around Anne’s eyes taking four of my guns and all my ammo before heading out. I had one of her old baby hanger things where she would be strapped to my chest and that’s where I held her. We got out and it smelt like death, blood was everywhere along with organs. Their were walking, delusional people and when they spotted us they almost began to his chasing after us. We were about forty miles from this place but we kept getting lost and being chased so it took us all this time to get here. Our shoes got worn out, her straps broke so I had to hold her by hands, we found Cooper in the woods and he was scared, we found his collar and when you give a small rub he warms right up to you. He is a very good protector and wakes me up quietly at night if one of them would get too close to us. Through all these months I have never been more horrified in my life. When Anne would run off my heart would stop and I would give our cover up to all the things around searching for her to find she fall to sleep in some leaves or went potty by herself.” He takes a moment to cool off and I can feel his stress, his worry, and anxiety through his scratchy voice. His face is now a full beard with no whites or grays and he is super tan with raw peeling skin from the scorching heat.

“But you are all safe now, we all are. All of our generation will die old before anything starts to happen in here.” My hand pats his knee reassuringly and he only gives a shy smile in return.

“What about food? Water? Electricity?”

“All covered to last us thousands of years in electricity. I do know about food and water all good but showers is my main concern that we will run out of.” We both chuckle softly before I stand up thinking a shower would be nice.

“Thanks for the chat…will see you later or tomorrow?”

“Most certainly.” We both walk out of the room and I watch him rush to his room to go greet his little girl and I head over to Megans room really quickly and I know she will be awake because I can hear her baby. I cant believe I didn’t give her a congrats of having her baby. How was I supposed to know she even did? I haven’t seen her all day other than the time I went in to hug her but I didn’t make much of a thought of it. I slowly open the door to see both Caine and Megan working desperately trying to calm their baby down. “Megan? Do you need some help?” Their light is dimmed but I can see them rocking him off in the distance and I enter even more.

“Now is not a good time Belle.” Megan snaps obviously tired before I take the child from their hands sniffing his butt then slowly patting his back up on my shoulder holding his head tightly. He soon burps accompanied by the sound of spit up being spued on my back. But he stops his screaming which is good and I give him back to Caine who looks so eager to hold him. “Remember to hold his head good okay?” Megan stands next to Caine for a moment to adjust some things then steps out in the hall for a moment looking so incredibly exhausted. “Whats up?”

“I just wanted to see how you were and congratulate you on the baby. Sorry I didn’t pay any attention to it later. I just would like to know what happened to me?” She slowly sighs rubbing her forehead before grabbing my arms shakily.

“You thought you were twelve and you went insane, you had horrible false labor but real contractions, you didn’t know any of us at all. Lunch came, I went into labor then twenty or so minutes later you were at my side holding my hand but then once I started pushing you left. I understand because you were confused and you didn’t want to see something like that but it became harder for me to push. I was a bit disappointed but I still understood. I just hope you let me at your side for the birth. But once Evin came Veil darted out because Cane was freaking you out too much, you ran up the stairs, Tommy scared you, you fell and you passed out on the bottom. They did all sorts of exams to make sure you were alright because that was the second time you’ve hit your head so hard. They couldn’t feel Caitlyn but then you woke up remembering who you were. You know the rest.” 

“Did you even take a nap today?” She looks just so exhausted with deep raccoon/bags under her eyes. Her face is deep and sulking with exhaustion but she slowly shakes her head.

“Sadly no, get the best sleep you can sis, it’s a nightmare.” She begins to sob and I pull her into a nice long hug letting her sob into me but on the other shoulder he didn’t barf on.

“Do you need me to take him for the night? I have nothing better to do?” She pulls away shaking her head with the awkward smile.

“I can’t do that to you, you need sleep too.”

“I have had plenty for the past month or so. Give me Evin and I will watch him tonight so you two can be refreshed parents. I will even get mom and dad to help if I really need it.” She looks over to the struggling Caine to try to calm his whimpers then smiles lightly again.

“Okay, I guess one night won’t hurt. Just please be careful?”