Chapter 22

“Hey Cane?”

“Yeah?” I suddenly am starting to feel a little too dizzy.

“Hold me.” I stumble for a moment almost falling into the ground. He grabs my waist to keep me steady. He scoops me up in his arms as I slump into his arms. This is just another side affect from my meds. He races me to my cabin and places me on my bed, its messy and thrashed, everyone is sleeping so how did my bed get like this? Oh yeah ha-ha I got into my bed earlier and didn’t make my bed back.  He climbs in with me and holds me close, everyone else is still sleeping because its probably five in the morning.

“Are you alright now?” He fiddles with my hair that has fallen on my face. He tries pushing it back behids my ears but I untuck it.

“Sorry its just like a paranoia of mine, when I lay down I cant have my hair behind my ears some always has to be covering it. Like so bugs or something don’t crawl into it.” My head is still swimming and I try to get my thoughts back together but I cant. He places his muscular hand on my forehead and looks concerned.

“You are burning up, that isn’t good.” He gets out of the bed and slowly walks into our bathroom. I lay on my back with my head covering my head exhausted. I don’t know why I feel this way? It isn’t a side affect. “Here drink some water, it might be heat exhaustion or you are dehydrated. None of us here knows anything about pregnancies or anything so I think I might go on a run.” He paces around the room with his thinking face on with his hands in his hair.

“No, no way don’t go, I know I can manage I just need to be more cautious.”

“It doesn’t do it justice plus you are going to need new clothing? Things for the baby when he does come? We can get it all.”

“Are you hearing me? I don’t want you going out because I don’t want to risk you turning!” I whisper loudly standing up on my knees leaning up on the front of the bed posts getting into his face. “Our baby needs you and if something happened to you out there who is she going to look up to? Then what if something happened here while you were gone? All the councilors have a girl to protect and we will have one short to protect me and the baby so just please don’t go.”

“I am covered, the more you try to persuade me not to go the more I want to.” He backs out of the cabin with his arms up slightly shrugging. “That’s just me. I have my own mind and it cant be changed, like our baby is going to be a boy.” He closes the door and I just want to scream and look around to see all the tired faces and think better of it. I lay back down and try to calm my nerves that everything will be okay. He is going to come back alive, nothing is going to happen to him.

Guys go shouting out of the barrier and I rush over to the window and watch as six giant hummers zoom out and gun shots are already made. I run out of the cabin leaving the door open and stare just as they are closing separating us from the dangers. I am able to look into Canes eyes just before it closes. He looks worried himself, why didn’t he just someone else to go? Are all six cars really necessary? The thunder rolls and I look up into the sky to see it now is covered in clouds. Something is going to go wrong and I know it and I know he knows it because of the look he gave me. Tears form in my eyes in fear he wont come back to us.

“Don’t worry Belle he will be back.” I say trying to comfort myself. My hands touch my stomach trembling just hoping everything will be alright. “You will have your same daddy, don’t worry.” The tears keep coming and I run back into the cabin jumping into my bed sobbing. I try to muffle my sobs but it hardly works. A firm hand is placed on my back along with a soft one and they make circles on my shaking back.

“Hey what is wrong?” The voice is deep and I know it is Caine. I flinch away to a sitting up right position startling them.

“Belle what is wrong?” Megan gets closer to me placing her hand on my leg, I like her touch not his. I look him up and down in disgust, I don’t know she could even like him.

“I just don’t want you touching me, just leave me be.” My words are directed to Caine, why does he even care about me?

“I am only trying to help.”

“Well stop, because it isn’t working, you are such a bastard. Just stay away from me.” I scurry off of my bed and head to the back of the cabin. Caine gets up slowly approaching me showing his hands to me like I am the enemy.

“I am not going to hurt you.” I pick up a chair and hold it out in front of me protecting myself.

“You almost killed me! You are a man whore.” All of the girls are awake and staring at me in awe and fear. Megan looks to me then to Caine confused.

“What is she talking about?” She crosses her arms and I notice she has a small noticeable bump, its so cute and tiny. Caine sighs sulking his head but not taking his eyes off of me.

“I saw her at the pool the other day and was a total dick, I kissed her and then I shoved her into the pool, I didn’t know she didn’t know how to swim so it honestly was a mistake. I suffered the concequences from her boyfriend, he has a strong arm.”

“You didn’t just kiss me you ‘toured’ my mouth with your tongue you sicko!”

“Is this true Caine?” Megan grabs her belly and takes a few steps back.

“I didn’t know you were here, you didn’t call me after that night. After I thought I lost you I went nuts trying to find a girl the exact same as you but I couldn’t find anyone! You straighten me out every single time. That is the past, everyones pasts are messed up and gone, we all have a new start and mine is finally having you…and our son.” All us girls gasp, Tony speaks up first.

“You are having a boy?” All of the girls smile with excitement but I stand my ground. Caine and Meg give them a sideways glance finishing their moment with sincere stares trying to figure each other out.

“I don’t know, I think I need a break Caine, you started off your reputation here as a dick, you hit on my sister, almost killed her and her baby. Then you lied to me, I thought you were better than that to lie to me? Come back to me when you know you wont lie to me anymore because this baby cant have two parents who always butt heads and lie to each other. What will that teach him? Get out, I need a break.”

“I wont lie anymore I promise I will tell you anything.” He steps towards her but she takes a few steps back holding up her hands telling him to loose it.

“But I cant forgive you right now so get out and don’t make me say it again. If I do have to we will be over.”

“We cant be over, you cant take my baby away from me.”

“I didn’t say I was going to. Where would I run to? I am not going to risk our safety and run out of the barrier. Don’t pretend like I don’t know what is out there. I hear the moans, the groans, and the hisses. There is some unhuman creatures out there that is so dangerous that is why we are traped in here and I am greatful we are.” She pushes Caine out of our cabin and locks the doors.

“Come on Megan lets talk about this.” He knocks on the door and races to the now closing window.

“Get lost!”