Chapter 9

My head pounds and my eyes burn from tears that have fallen. The smell of dust and ash fill my nose. I open my eyes to see my room, I am tucked up in my bed all warm and cosey. Fewf, it was only a dream. I look around the room to find all the girls in their beds as well other than Megan. Along with a councilor sleeping in a school chair. He has a machine gun hanging in his arms sleeping. Why does he have that?

“Hey! What are you doing in our room?” I try to sound fierce but it came out startled and scratchy. Everyone jolts awake including him and he aims at the door. He is groggy and confused then he sights and puts it down, his nervous hands runs through his filthy hair.

“Oh my God! Its protocol to have at least one of us in your cabins at all times.” All the girls look at each other confused and terrified.

“Why?” Janice croaks standing up on her bed like she’s seen a rat.

“Just because, the less you know the better.”

“Well did all those bombs and all the shootings really happen last night? What is going on?” I am scared to death, terrified actually.

“Well…um…yesss?” He leans into the yes more like a question scared we will all will explode like grenades. Everything spins. This cannot be happening! The girls all scream while I am in a haze.

Danny POV

After I say those words all the girls start screaming other than Belle. She just stares at a wall then suddenly darts up and starts thowing things. Screaming terribly loud. She is just going crazy, does she take meds or something? She throws her phone, lamps her pillows. She just wont stop. All the girls stop screaming and go cower in a corner scared of this chick. I am terrified of her as well. I don’t know what to do, she is dangering us and herself. Do I shoot her? But Cane would throw me over the gate.

“What are you doing? Just calm down!” That just seems to make her more mad and she jumps on top of me screaming and hitting my chest. She is strong for a girl. I shove her under me pining her useful arm down along with her thrashing legs, I grab my walkie-talkie and start panicking into it. “I have a situation I need back up in the ironrod cabin. Hurry!” My voice is shakey trying to keep her down. I don’t want to hurt her at all. We were taught that sometimes if you find the right pressure point and hit it good enough it could make them pass out. She thrashes and kicks and before I could find one the door swings open my men come charging in guns at the ready. They see me on top of her and they panic.

“No, no! Don’t shoot. She’s having a mental break down!”

“How do we know this is not a symptom?”

“Did you check her records?” They all relax slightly and come over to her. She has settled down some enough to let me get off of her.

“Girls out, Now!” Derik barks to the girls and they jump and run out of the room sobbing. We take her to her bed and they cuff her mobile body parts.

“Do you know who you are?” Exlin feels her head and gives her a slight exam. He used to be a paramedic and was about to be promoted to an emergency surgeon.  She moves around more and tries to curl up in a ball and sob but we prevented her from that.

“Let me go. Please?” She squeals softly she sounds tormented.

“We can’t were sorry.”

“No you’re not. Let me go. Please, I have my medicine in my bag just let me go.”

“What is it called?”

“Chlorprothixene.” She whispers sounding ashamed. I dig in her bag and hear a lot of rustling. I dump out her bag and she has so many medications. She has six bottles and they are all intense and high dosages. I don’t think this is healthy at all. I read the vile and she needs two of these giant pills. I get her a glass of water from the bathroom sink. My pace is quickened as I hear her screaming again. The guys pry open her mouth as I throw her pills in and dump the water down her throat and she tries to spit them out but we clamp her mouth shut. I stare into the pill bottle. She is almost out and we don’t have anything like this. She didn’t put this into her physical. We are screwed she is a crazy person. She finally calms down enough and I read the warnings.

Don’t take on an empty stomach, increase of internal bleeding may occur. Do not take instructed amount if pregnant or trying to get pregnant, may act as a morning after pill. Instructed amount may cause issues with fetus.

If taking more than instructed brain damage may occur or deterioration of bones may increase. This drug can be fatal.

There are so many issues with this and its kind of heart breaking that she has to deal with these side affects and if she doesn’t take them she has to act like that. I look at the rest of them and they are all filled up completely. She has depression meds, anxiety, sleeping pills, and stuff about passing out or something.

“We need to get her food.”

“Don’t bother, I already feel sick.”

“Are you going to vomit?”

“Maybe I usually do if I miss eating.” I quickly unlock her and she rushes to the bathroom. What if she vomits her pills up?

Belle POV

I cant stand them knowing all my flaws. I just don’t think I can handle it. I had a psychotic break down again but yet here! I had one here. I know I am almost out so I need to cut down on my doses. I feel the vomit coming up my throat, I have to keep it down.

I need to eat something. I scramble away from the toilet remembering I had some crackers in it. I fumble around before I can vomit and find them all smushed from the weight. I need to eat I have to. My hands shakily open the tiny bag as I eat the tiny crumbs.