Chapter 68

Cane POV

How could I say something like that and know she would take it seriously? As I am walking to go see Megan’s baby just to find some joy in today she screams at me from our room. “Hey jack ass!” I quickly turn around exhausted from fighting and being an idiot and watch her slide off the ring and I just about burst into tears. She throws the ring at me watching it slam to the floor and roll to my feet. “This is your fault!” She slams the door before I can even react. I bend down already letting the loud sobs leave me not caring who hears my pain. My fingers gently pick up the warm ring from her body heat and slowly slide down the wall next to her room. Why did I have to mess up so badly this time? Why couldn’t it be way before her?

My head falls in my hands as I just sob uncontrollably and loudly. My love is gone, why did I have to do this? Maybe because I feel that she isn’t communicating with me? She never tells me anything and I have to play 100 questions. My chest feels like I have one thousand pounds just sitting there purposely making me feel horrible. It heaves and throbs feeling broken with no hope for anything. But I have a baby on the way and she cant take her away from me because I am going to see her everyday and I will never stop fighting for her. She is mine. “Whats going on out here?” Josanah appears sticking her head out of Megans room looking confused. I only shake my head not wanting to get her involved because if I get her involved then I get her father and that’s one person I don’t want to piss off here. She kneels down beside me and slips Belle’s ring from between my fingers. “Did you two get into an argument? What about?”

“I-I pushed her a-away.” I sniff just wanting to rot in a dungeon for the rest of my life, she is lucky she has all her family to comfort her, her family hates me.

“The thing about Belle is if you give her time she will bounce back, she always does and she does it the fastest too. Just give her some time, and depending on the extent of things the longer the wait, so lets go get some food and you need some sleep.” Before I can protest or disagree she pulls me to my feet dragging me up the horrible stairs that I just never want to see again. I just hope she is right about Belle, I cant live without her.

Belle POV

The mattress engulfs me to its comfort with my bare body to feel the nice chill of the AC. My hands trail back and forth over the still of my belly listening to some sort of emergency alarm going off. My senses don’t even kick in thinking its an alarm from reality to my dream but I cant seem to pinpoint where its coming from. The bruises on my body yelp with every touch especially on my back but who cares? My door swings open to reveal Tommy but when he opens the door he covers his eyes but staying there. “Belle we need you out here please? Its an emergency.” He sounds frantic and cool at the same time but slightly uncomfortable to my bareness.

“No one needs me, go do it yourself, leave me here to die.” He scoffs throwing my clothes at me only for me to return them with a harder throw smacking him in the face. “I am not going just leave me be please.”

“Belle, please…I am so sorry for what happened, its all my fault. Just please come with me?”

“No! Just leave me to my pity party over my dead baby that is still inside me! Any moment now I am going to change and devour you all so unless you lock me in here you are all going to die!” I throw myself down on the mattress again staring at the ceiling  drawing designs on my belly. He comes over on the bed covering my body with the white sheet making me stare into his eyes.

“Now that I wont let happen. There is good news, we found survivors.” His dark brown eyes just stare into mine hopeful that I will move but it aint happening.

“Just people to replace me.” His head swings down for a moment before jerking up smiling.

“I found peanut butter?” My stomach smiles at me sending butterflies through me causing my face to smile.

“You can bring it to me? I don’t want to go up the stairs.”

“But the survivors have a dog, two older boys, and a teenage girl your age. They also have a three year old.” My smirk drops hearing they have a toddler I will never have, I turn to my sideignoring his contact continuing to rub my bump for the last time.

“I just want to be left alone.” My eyes water wanting to just sob my heart out.

“Belle! That’s it! Get out of bed right now! There are people here trying to fix you trying to understand what is going through your mind but that’s not possible if you don’t tell us! Let us try to understand so get out of the damn bed and get dressed! We have guests.” He throws the clothes back to me which is my pants and larger tank top to actually fit me. His head pokes through the almost closed door looking pissed. “You have five minutes to get up the stairs and meet the people, love ya bye.” He slips through the steel door closing it behind him and heading down to greet the people, I lift up the clothes staring at them and sigh lugging my large body out of the bed. The clothes fit snuggly but they really hurt me, I don’t like pain at all so I don’t know how I am going to be able to last through the rest of the day. The maternity strap just about goes over my entire stomach but it kills me because this is just fake, the people are going to say something about it and tell them shes dead inside of me.

The tears form inside of me while I slip the shirt on over but the pain is too much for me to bear, my hands hold onto the dresser for support to not fall over in agony as I just sob loudly, today has been very emotional and I don’t like it that much. My hand presses against my heaving chest hopefully that it will ease my aching pain until the door swings open to show Tommy still there and he runs into my arms holding me close so I can just let it all out.

“I am so sorry Belle…I am so sorry.” He whispers trying to sooth my loss, my pain, my emptiness. There will be nothing that could ever replace this or help me cope with this, I am confused, I am in pain, mentally and physically. “Come on, you need a change of cenery. He slowly grabs my hand taking me down the hall while I let out my last bit of sobs until we go to meet them. Once the stairs come into view my hand tightens in his just wanting to escape but know I cant, these people need to know who is all here and stuff. He stops at the bottom and his head turns to look at me for the okay before we slowly take it up the stairs one step at a time.