Chapter 25

I wake up with a minor head ache and my nostrils are filled with the smell of decay. I open my eyes and see I am in a small hospital room chained to a small checkup table. My shirt is raised and soon the lights turn on but flicker every once in a while causing my adrenaline to kick in. Veil steps into view heading to the small ultrasound machine. “No just please let me go. Please I am begging you.” He puts his finger to my lips and motions to the camera that twitches showing its on. He squirts the gel on my lower stomach and turns on the machine like he knows what he is doing.

He puts the Doppler on my stomach and swirls it around and pushes some buttons and soon the picture is larger so I can see exactly what it is. My baby. He is so small and he looks so comfortable. The tears of the overwhelming joy will my eyes knowing that this is real, I have a baby growing inside of me and I do need to be more cautious. “If you couldn’t tell this is his head, and this is his feet.” Words appear on the screen pointing to his head and feet.

“Do you know it is a boy?”

“I cant typically do it now it would cause me to draw blood and go examine it first if you wanted to know now but I don’t know where there lab is. So no I don’t know what it is yet. He is very small though, growing just fine but you need to eat a bunch more and exercise more okay?” I slowly nod and struggle inside of my chains. Moans fill the hallway and he bolts to my mouth pressing his firm hand against my mouth. He puts his finger to his lips and slowly unlocks my chains and sits me up slowly so the chains don’t cackle.

My heart is racing my palms are sweating and I feel like I am going to pass out, but I do need to calm down. He opens the door slightly then quickly closes it again hiding. His eyes meet mine terrified. He isn’t armed and we don’t have any tools to even kill one. “We need to climb through the air vents.” He whispers and the moans grow louder. My fear suddenly comes true, the zombies burst through the room only two but enough to freak us out. I quickly grab the ultrasound machine; I pick it up and swing it at the zombies straining myself too much. They stumble back and Veil rips it from my hands and shoves them out into the hall and slams the door too loud. He quickly locks the door and blocks the door with a small chair under the door knob.

Suddenly I feel something hot slowly run down my inner thigh. I grab my stomach and start hyperventilating. “What is it?” He whispers loudly grabbing my wrists.

“I don’t know, but there is something coming out of me? Am I in labor?” I stare into his desperate eyes and just want to slap him.

“No, you are miscarrying. Now come on.” He shoves me through the vent and I quickly pull him up. My heart is aching and my eyes are becoming blurry. I was so excited for this baby and now I just found out I just lost it. All my hope I just lost. We quickly scurry through the small air conditioning careful of its rattling under our strenuous weight.

“Where, where are we going?” A silent sob escapes me echoing through the vents causing the zombies below to moan louder.

“Just turn right up here.” He whispers shoving my ankles along but I just don’t want to though, I should just let them have me since I have nothing left to live for. Cane might be dead again, I just lost my baby, Megan hates me as well.

“You just run, I will hold them off. I don’t have anything else to live for. So why not!”

“No, no just go you have not miscarried, it is only bleeding it happens a lot through pregnancy just go. Everything will be alright.”

“You are such a liar.”

“No I am not, I am almost twenty five years old, I am an OB/GYN. I know exactly what I am doing and know exactly what it is now just go so you don’t kill three people.”

“You are too young to be an OB.”

“Just move your giant ass forward so we all don’t get killed!” He says all too loudly and the moans become louder and their teeth are gnashing almost.“Go! They can climb!” I start crawling for my life as the vents are being pushed on trying to get in viciously. I take the right and it’s a steep down hill and there is a garbage dumpster down there. I don’t know what is in it but I am taking the risk. I slide down there into the pit of the dumpster as our way out. I scream on my way down and see Drake at the end holding his arms out as he catches me and lets Veil fall down into the trash. There are zombies closing in on us and we all hop into the hummer and zoom off.

“What the hell was that for Drake? Giving me something to pass out then throwing us in that room? What was that for?” I scream frustrated in the front seat while Drake drives back heading to Reno.

“Cause we just had to make sure everything is okay. Bosses orders.”

“Who is this boss all of you speak of?”

“None of your concern.” He says nonchalantly still headed in the same direction.

“It is!”

“Shut your mouth or we will give you the same meds again. We are doing you a favor, actually two. We got a giant ultrasound machine for you and we are taking you to Reno. Isn’t that enough?”

“I didn’t want the damn medicine; I would have been just fine if you would have told me that you were going to take me there.”

“We couldn’t okay, just understand that we couldn’t. There were too many zombies in there and you would have fallen behind so you were carried, you were one hundred percent protected. Our boss really likes you and would kill us if we didn’t protect you. Besides we are not that cruel to have you fend for yourself.”

“Whatever.”