Chapter 8

The door swings open as we all scream in fear. The person charges in and riping Kris, Tony, Britt, and Janice out from under the beds one by one leaving me there under the bed sobbing and screaming as they slam the door. The screams of the girls fade away and the bombs and everything seems to dim. I scramble to my bed and hop under the covers shaking with fear.

That demon killed everyone, and left me here to suffer in physical and emotional pain. My arm screams and so does my face, my heart is killing me knowing that my first love is probably dead along with my family. As much as Tommy pissed me off, I loved him and he was my best friend until my parents split up. He used to tell me things even if I didn’t want to know, people would ask if we were a couple but we would only laugh and walk away. Our last words were hateful and I never got to say good bye. Guilt fills me knowing I didn’t even give my dad a second look good bye.

“Mom!” The scream escapes me filled with pain and a plea to come back to me. “I am sorry Mom!” I try to soak up comfort from my bed by rolling around trying to find something happy about something but I cant the world is ending. The door swings open but its two men, one standing and the other one holding someone who is past out. He crams through the small door and closing the door behind him. Another scream escapes me as he comes closer but only goes to Kris’s bed and lays him down. I look at the men and see Cane laying on the bed soaking wet, the guy that is hovering over Cane is the one that held me when I first woke up.

“Could you get some dry towels for me?” I hesitate a moment while he works on Cane before he stops and barks at me. “Go!” I scramble to my feet rushing into the bathroom finding some of our towels and quickly handing them to him.

“Do you have any hand sanitizer?”

“No I don’t.” He gives me a disgusted look. “Do you have any sanitizing ointment? Anything? I have to clean his wounds the dirty rain could cause infection and we cant prevent those things now. Don’t worry we are all safe but we didn’t exactly get everything for safety measures.”

“I really don’t have anything like that other than tooth paiste and mouth wash.”

“Mouth wash will do.” I rush to the bathroom and grab all our mouthwashes and run them to him. Cane’s broken body is killing me, Megan did this to him. I kneel down next to him and stroke his soaking hair out of his face. Tears flow down my face in agony as he pours the mouthwash on his face and he starts to flinch. “Don’t worry he is going to be okay I promise.” Cane soon starts screaming. What the hell? Is he awake?

“You are hurting him!”

“Trust me it will hurt a lot worse if it gets infected.” Canes swollen eyes dart open as his whole face fills with pain. Its all swollen and bruised.

“I am so sorry Cane.” I kiss his hand as he squeezes mine almost crushing my not broken hand. “Please stop it must be clean already!”

“It isn’t yet we have to wait a moment!”

“You are going to dissolve his stitches.”

“No they wont.”

“I was smart in school okay? The chemicals will dissolve his stitches so that is enough.” I bark to him which hashim flinging it away from his face.

“And yet you didn’t know what sanitizes?” Cane has tears streaming down his face from the pain. I rush to the bathroom and get him a warm wash cloth, I dab it on his face. Blood still oozes from his wounds. I bite m knuckles to hold back painful screams as he grabs my wrist.

“Belle. I love you.” His head falls back onto the pillow again as he falls unconscious. The guy feels his neck and starts panicking and he starts doing CPR.