Chapter 30

She keeps falling unconscious or something bad keeps happening to her. Something is wrong with her. I scoop her up and race her too the car. More zombies have appeared and we all have become more frantic. “Cane! I need to take her. I need to examine her.”

“No! You can do it later.” We all get into the cars and we zoom off. We need to teach the girls to stop screaming every time they get scared. I hold Belle tightly she is burning up, there is too much to stuff that could go wrong and she has it all. She is the target.

“Cane what are her symptoms?” Veil asks monotone, what is up with my crew today?

“Well its obvious she passed out, she is burning up, her breathing is shallow, and she was depressed earlier. Do you know why she was bleeding? When she finished going to the bathroom there was enough blood to notice. What happened?”

“Its fine, everything is normal. We just need to get back to get back to camp and now.”

“Veil! What is it? Tell me what happened out there?” I scream into my walkie talkie.

“It isn’t my place to tell, lets just focus on getting back to camp okay then when she wakes up she can tell you.”

“Something happened to the baby! What is it!” The whole car is tense as I scream into my walkie-talkie.

“Ugh she miscarried okay! She was pregnant with twins and one of them died okay!”

“Its not going to eat her is it?” My tone is hushed, the road is becoming blurry as tears form in my eyes.

“No, no it already started to come out. They usually comes out in pieces.” Alright lets just be blunt don’t sugar code it why don’t we.

“But why is she acting like this?”

“She probably has lost too much blood, we need to get her back and get her a blood transfusion probably.”

“On it, follow me boys!” I press my foot down on the pedal to a good speed to get us home. We go off road to get home. Finally!“Open the gates.” I quickly bark into the walkie-talkie. They open them quickly as we rush through the gates all the way to the back. There are a swarm of councilors practically attack us with questions opening the doors for us. Once they see Belle they all rush into action by getting away from me. I start running with her in my arms towards the doctors.

“Cane!” Megan stops me looking worried when she sees Belle. “What happened to my sister?”

“I cant talk right now.” The weather is hot our here and its very dry. Almost everyone is at the pool today. I run as fast as I can to the doctor and he is already there waiting for me. He ushers me in already having blood bags waiting. I quickly lay her on the small bed. He hooks her up like she is at the real hospital.

“So what happened out there?”

“I don’t know I wasn’t there? She went with Veil.”

“I need him, so please excuse me okay?” Ugh why wont anybody just let me in here?I race around trying to find Veil. Where did this guy run off to?

                                                +++

Ugh I feel so sick. My stomach really hurts and I feel like I am going to vomit. I try to sit up but my arms have needles in them. I try to wake up some more and see I have blood pumping into my arm, not out, in. The doctor is in the corner sleeping. “Hey!” I scream loudly and he quickly jumps up to just about greet the floor with his face.

“How are you feeling?”

“Sick.”

“Yeah that is normal, you were out for a hour so everything is all good. You lost a lot of blood from the miscarriage. You were dehydrated and stressed out so that is mostly why you passed out.”

“Can I go back to my cabin now?” I yawn desperately wanting to talk to Megan.

“Your sister doesn’t want you there so we have arrangements for you to sleep with Cane.”

“Yes! To sleeping with Cane and shit for not going to see Meg.” What am I saying? I am delusional.

“Okay you can leave now.” He takes out the needles and I get up a bit too fast. I see stars again and grab the counter trying to stable myself. “You okay?”

“Yeah, yeah.” I shoo him away with my hands and stand up straight until I feel better. I feel whoozy from all the blood.I slowly take a walk to find my stuff and sure enough it is all still there. I carefully grab it all and feel so weak. I think they gave me too much blood.

“Belle?” Megan’s voice fills my ears causing me to whip around. She looks so tired with huge bags under her eyes. They are also blood shot from crying so much. “Are you okay? When you came in I thought something got to you.” She embraces me in a giant hug. Her body trembles as she beguins to sob for some reason. “Why did you go out there? You could have been killed.”

“Yeah I know, I almost was multiple times. One of my babies did.” Her face looks at me with the most shock and worry.

“What? And you said babies?”

“Yeah I was pregnant with twins. We went to a hospital to check things out and they said I had twins, one of them died. Yes there were two time I almost died or something maybe three I don’t know it is very stressful to even think about okay. I just need some rest.” I pick up my things about ready to go to Canes apartment.

“No, I think you deserve back in our room.”

“But you don’t believe me about it really being zombies.”

“They are, I believe you.” I am completely shocked as well completely nauseous. In the flash of an eye I drop my things quickly and run to the tree where my things were previously and I vomit. I have hardly any food in my system. This isn’t healthy for the baby. That is probably why I had the miscarriage.

“Meg?” I whisper, her hands appear on my back stroking it up and down. “I need food, I haven’t kept down a meal in days. I really need some food.”

“Okay, we have food waiting in our cabin come on.” He grabs my pillow and blankets and helps me into grabbing my things. I pick up everything else and we slowly walk, the walk is very hot and burning. There is no breeze and no humidity. The cicadas are chirping like crazy, its still very early in the morning and yet the sun is out taunting us. This is how people are going to pass out from heat stroke and heat exhaustion. We make it into the cabin and I am exhausted as well as mildly sticky. I start panting as I throw my things on the bed. “Hey, lets get you into a cool shower with some food. Come on.”

“I want the food first. I might need lots of it too.” I lay down on the bed and letting my hunger pains get the best of me. She goes into the bathroom and comes out with a large tray of packaged food. All of it is foods I hate but they all look suddenly delicious.