Chapter 70

I quickly lunge over to her holding her elbow up so she doesn’t fall over but she just shrugs me off. “Get my mom please. Hurry!” Her tone now seems happy, her face brightens while I take her to the bed making sure she is alright before I quickly rush all the way down the hall and rushing up the stairs skipping some with my long legs almost tripping busting to the dining room.

“Who is Belles mother? You? Come with me she needs you!” Everyone else follows with us. Huh I guess she has more than one mother? Since she doesn’t know me and is more terrified of me than liking me I just lead them in there from the door way and they all pile in asking multiple questions.

“Belle? What happened?” Her mother squeeks just about climbing on top of her for the answers. At least she still has her family? I slowly walk all the way to check up on the girls and they are sound asleep with Cooper up on the bed with them. I don’t think that the hosts will like this very much? So I close the door softly before returning to my room to see Ben sitting on the bed with his shirt off revealing his scars and scratches.

“Hail? What happened? Was everything okay? Did she go nuts?” God for a sixteen he surely is annoying! Closing the door behind me I shut off the lights then take off my torn, disgusting shirt hating the smell of my horribly body odor that occompinied it. Itching my long torso I go to sit next to him laying down on the nice comfortable beds feeling the sleep about to take over my body.

“Nothing, but I think shes in labor? I am not sure but she was crying when I went in there I think telling her baby to move. Man I don’t know but these people are crazy I think we need to leave tomorrow morning?” He punches me in the stomach hard staring into my face through the darkness and I can see the offended tears in his eyes.

“You don’t have a say in weater or not we go out there again. We are safe in here now. We don’t have to keep running away from those things any more, you need a nice rest. We all do! I don’t know about you but I haven’t slept in three days!”

“Then sleep! We are leaving tomorrow because dad told me I need to look after the family! And if it means going back out there to find new refuge then so be it! This place is horrible and im scared for the girls’ sake.” My body jerks forwards yelling in his face not minding I would wake up the girls.

“Why? Since when do you care about us?”

“They probably raped her? Have you seen those bruises? She is scared of stairs, of people and the guy that brought us in here acted like it was no big deal that she was previously crying! I don’t want that to happen to Mel, for them to have a shiny new toy!”

“So that’s all you care about? Not the fact that no one has had real cooked food for weeks? That we haven’t had water in days? At least sterile water? We need food more than protection right now. You are letting dad down by not realizing it.” Ben just stands up looking down at me ashamed and just walks out of the room into the girls’ room with not another word said.

Belle POV

She moved for me, just one tiny little kick and she moved. My poor baby is suffering inside because I failed for some reason I had a break down and almost killed both of us. If I cant keep her alive inside of me who says I can keep her alive on the outside? My mother cries for joy while Veil just does a quick exame just to make sure she is okay.

“Are you sure you felt a kick?” Veil asks pulling down my shirt for me helping me into a sitting position.

“Veil! I would not lie about this!” I boom making him flinch slightly but he only sighs rubbing his eyes roughly before looking back to me.

“You maybe wanted her to kick so badly that your brain convinced you she did kick. But she didn’t, she has no signs that she even did kick. I am sorry but she didn’t.”