Chapter 41

The people in charge today dismiss our now very crowded, claustrophobic table into the line. Megan actually found Caine in line and went to go talk to him and awkwardly flirt with each other. I mean come on if you are going to flirt do it right. Don’t nibble your lip to where it looks like you are taking a giant bite out of it. Or flip your hair so dramatically you slam it into the girls face that is behind you.

“Hey I am going to be home late again tonight.” Cane wraps his arms all up to my waist and around holding me very close to him. My back is pressing against his muscular chest  feeling his breathing relaxing me so I can feel calm. The line moves forwards as he drags me with him to get our delicious breakfast. Eggs, toast, bacon with a peanut butter spread. Yus! “Told you.” I feel his warm breath up against the back of my neck sending shivers through me.

“Why cant you sit by me?” I purposely pout causing him to tap my nose dramatically.

“Cause, its policy I cant disobey that.” He takes his plate and we make our way down the isle to our spots and I just chuckle.

“Well didn’t you disobey policy by having sex with me the first day and getting me pregnant?” Before turning around I kiss him square on the lips and he doesn’t even bother hesitating. The entire café is silent staring at us who are leaning head to head.

“Actually it isn’t against policy to have sex but it technically is on the first day so you got me.”

“Sex over a seat next to me? Huh he must be intimidating?” I sass climbing into my tiny spot while everyone is still staring at us.

“You have no idea.” He heads back over to his seat beginning chatter to signal the rest of the Café to do just as he is. I get a light tap on the shoulder and before I can fully turn around I am engulfed in a giant hug to where my back pops a bit.

“Yeah uh hi!” I moan from the intensity of the hug and she releases. I turn around to see Janice and Kris on both sides of me and they both together give me a huge hug. “Air…baby!”  I chuckle joking around with them and they quickly stop laughing awkwardly.

“Oh my God Belle you look so good, your cast is off tots yay! You are gaining your cute little baby weight. And let me be the first to tell you your boobs look magnificent. So tell me are you going to breast feed or somethin’?” She takes a giant bite of her toast while staring at me serious.

“Uh thank? And I don’t know Cane and I haven’t really talked about it. You girls should come over to my place and check out what Cane did.” Wait? Her grammar is coming back to me. Did she really just say tots? When did she start talking like that? Kris, Janice, and Tony both gawk at me shock to what I said.

“Did you just say place? You have a place? Where are you staying?” Tony almost crawl over the table sucking in all my information I have barely fed.

“You know the cute little house down near the crops?” I fiddle with my food dreading I have to eat taking a small bite of the toast with peanut butter on it and end up shoving it in my face. All the girls look at me like they just got to see the cutest puppy alive. Whoops bad pun.

“That is your house? How can you two live in there? Its like a small doll house!”

“Yeah that’s mine and Cane’s and the baby’s. There is a cute little nursery in there too.” I scarf down the food immediately and want more. I want to feel the greasy peanut butter get stuck on the roof of my mouth to have the only resemblance of a dog.

“Oh my Gawd you are just so spoiled! Well us girls gotta split, gotta go flirt with the life guard. We have been kinda stalking him. Bye!” When she admits she has been stalking him she tries to hide it by a hand wall against her face but some girls could hear. The girls all rush out of the door whipping off their over dresses right in front of the glass doors and some whistles can be heard around the room. My table is now empty so I think to spare time I should probably just clear my area. I get up carefully so I don’t almost pass out and go give my plates to the dish eating monster. Okay I am being a little dramatic this morning but that’s okay. I feel the snakieness of a firm hand and know its Cane.

“Hey babe? Could you drop me off at the house then take me to the guns this morning?”

“Yeah sure, I don’t mind. The more time with you the happier I am. So are you thinking you would be as late as you were this morning?” We walk out hand and hand to the cart and I start the long drive back to the cute little house. “Hey you don’t think my boobs are bigger right?” I take a small glance at him to see him staring at them trying to fake a disapproving face.

“Nah…they look like they did…uh…last week?” He looks nervous and is figity. I mentally laugh at his immatureness when I talk about my boobs for the first time.

“Uh I guess they did.” I look down to him mocking him only joking because I didn’t notice at all.

“No I love you no matter what.” He kisses my cheek scooting towards me and I harshly back into the garage and walk into the house to change my very hot t-shirt. Cane comes into the room and fumbles with something in his night stand and grabs his own gun. Before I can fully pull my tight tank top on I gawk at the fully loaded gun.

“What’s that for?”

“More activity on the outside than usual but we are not ready to tell the girls yet so yeah. Hey…you are getting a bump.” He places his hand on my not noticeable stomach at all. I just look bloated.

“And you couldn’t notice this yesterday?” I pull down my tank top causing him to have to move his hand away.

“You actually ate yesterday so you gained a couple of pounds. Here, there, alittle everywhere.” He smacks my butt and starts heading towards the garage. I smell the air and start feeling nauseous.

“Cane did you get a sentsy?” I grab the dresser for support so I don’t vomit all over the floor. The bile creeps into the back of my throat forcing me to re-taste some of breakfast and stomach residue.

“No…I sprayed some cologne?” He starts heading down the narrow hallway into the room to notice my sick posture.

“Hey are you alright? You look pale?” He feels my head and his face shows a bit of disappointment. “You got some heat exhaustion somehow. Maybe the air conditioning was low in the café? You just need to rest, like you said yesterday you need some bed rest. I will turn up the AC for you. Maybe I could go get some plug in fans? I will be back at lunch to come and get you.” He nibbles on my earlobe for a moment then he leaves the room and I hear the AC come on and my body starts calming down and I don’t taste bile in my throat any more. My fingers find the door from the dresser and I slowly close it feeling the nice breeze as it shuts.

I slowly walk to the bed and just lay in it. Starting from the very morning of bedrest this day is going to be just great.