Chapter 36

“Come on I am sure you would want me in the room when you have yours.”

“No, I am not sure I even want Cane in the room.” She looks slightly offended. “Look I am sorry but I just cant stand knowing that someone is staring intently on my who ha!”

“I am trying to do anything to get closer to you, I really am sorry I didn’t believe you. I want you back but you already have your own little house all set up, your guy is something special. Just please don’t push me away.”

“I am not trying to. I am so tired haven’t had much sleep. I am trying to save this baby, it should have been dead but for some reason he is still alive. So I will so anything to keep that safe because I don’t need  my anxiety meds or my depression meds anymore. So please just let me sleep. Help yourself to that side of the bed or the couch.” I slump back down on the bed and try to sleep.

“Sorry, but one more thing?”

“Just get to it just spill it.” I moan into my pillow annoyed, just leave me alone please?

“You need to sleep on your left side if you want to keep it alive, and I have some prenatal vitamins left if you need any, you probably should take some of those too.”

“All good, I will take you up on the offer later, love ya good night.”

Belle? Belle hunny can you hear me? If you can I want you to know that we love you and that you can stop fighting, just go to heaven darling. We all love you, Dad, me, and Tommy. We all love you just stop fighting we love you. My mothers voice is loud and clear, her voice cracks sounding like she has been crying for ages.

Mom? Just let her be, come on lets go, the doctors will come and call us if anything changes. She is a fighter now encourage her to fight. Tommy is so soft and soothing while my mother sobs and its muffled, probably into his chest.

I love you Belle, sleep well. My father sounds so happy, I just love him so much. But isn’t he in prison?I feel some soft lips against my cold hand. His footsteps drag out of the room. I cant see him, why cant I see him?

“Dad! Daddy please don’t leave me!”

“Daddy!” My fingers rip at the sheets desperately trying to move and to see my father. All I ever wanted to do was to say good bye. I feel some rough hands on my shoulders hauling me up. “Daddy? Is that you?”

“Belle! Open your eyes!” Cane shakes me to opening my eyes to reality, I can see, this isn’t a dream.

“Cane. I just want my dad.” I return the hug and hold him tightly. A sob escapes me, why did he have to do that to us? All I want is for my dad to come home to me. Megan takes Canes spot, more like rips me out of his grasp.

“Do you want to talk about it?”

“No, I just want my dad.” More like I want Cane back, she yanked me out of my comfort. Cane takes me back and holds me closer. I straddle his lap holding him close to me, shaking with sadness. “I just want my dad.” I whisper into his chest sobbing until I can cry no more tears.

“Everything will be okay don’t worry. Nothing is going to happen to you. Just hold me for a moment okay? I will protect you.” My dad did some crazy shit I know, but my love for him will never die.

“My dad was crazy but I love him so much, I would do anything just to see him one last time. He didn’t get caught until I was ten. He changed after I was born, he took me fishing, he painted with me, played with barbies with me. Cane he was a true father to me. Please just be a great or better father that he was.”

“I promise to you that no matter what I will be the best father that I can be. Now lets go get your cast off.” I slowly pull him away and smile wiping away my tears.

“Did they say so?”

“Yes they said so, its been hectic we all forgot how long it was supposed to be on. Now come on.” He slips his arms under me and hauls me all the way to the garage. The cute little golf cart is parked perfectly. Megan fallows behind us and hops on to the back.

“Could you drop me off at the cabin? I am not feeling too well.” Megan pipes up once we open the small garage. She gets onto the back while Cane and I sit up front hand in hand.

“Sure. Are you feeling okay?” I grab her hand and she feels just fine. I tilt my head confused and Cane pulls out of the garage.

“Pregnancy stuff. Bloated, heartburn, and I am hungry. Stuff like that.”

“Okay sure thing.” The drive is so much fun and its happy. Cane and I giggle in the front as we watch the peoples faces seeing us in a golf cart. It is very long  drive to the cabin, doging people and going over bumps. Meg is very quite in the back. Soon we arrive to the front of the cabin and she quickly gets off and storms inside. “What’s up with her?”

“She is just mad that I don’t want to be in the room while she gives birth. And she is mad that I don’t want her in the room when I do. I don’t know if I even want you in there.”

“Whoa, whoa I am going to be in the room. I have to be.”

“Yeah I know don’t get your pannies in a twist. I just don’t like people staring at me down there.”

“Well you are, the doctor.”

“I know just stop reminding me that stuff is gross. Blech!”

“Yeah I know by the way you are squeezing my hand I know.” I look down to his hands and see that my knuckles are white.  We pull up to the cement hut and I slowly get out. I still feel very tired.