Chapter 69

. His hand trails behind my back to my other waist holding me close helping me up the stairs. With each step my heart speeds up to a dangerous pace my chest heaving with anxiety and once we near the top I begin to walk faster dieng to get up the damn stairs faster. He pushes me up the final step where I scurry to the stair door opening it to the dining room. Why was that door shut? We make it to the dining room where the new group has their backs facing mine all huddled together in a pack of some sort.

“Hello!” Tommy booms causing the others to whip around quickly to show the people and the small child and dog. They all look frightened and very dirty probably haven’t showered in forever. Both the boys look just the same and the girl looks about fifteen or sixteen with dirty blond hair. It probably used to be all blonde but I cant tell. “This is my sister, Belle. She is going to show you to your rooms.” What? I don’t want to use the stairs again. They all look squirmish until the little girl whips out of the taller boys hand and over to me pressing her hands to my belly.

“Be-be!” She smiles patting it softly, her small hands barely able to touch me. My eyes fly open staring at Tommy on the verge of tears again. The girl sees my panic and rips the small child away from me trying to contain the small tantrum she is throwing to be put down. She passes her off the taller one that was holding her in the first place and gives her a stern look and she immidiatly stops placing her small head on his shoulder shucking her thumb adorable.

“This way.” I croak out biting my lip from the out cry of my pain, soon I am going to have a worse break down and its not going to be pretty or safe. Speaking of break down why haven’t I had any of my pills recently? They all follow me and the dog strangles loose racing past me barking like a mad rabid thing running past me knocking me off balance slightly. I let out a yelp almost falling over but I steady myself and continue wobbling towards the stairs. My hands shakily hold onto the wall slowly making my way down.

“Are you alright? Do you need help?” The girl grabs my other hand helping me down the stairs. My lungs burn, why do they burn? I take a large breath in then let it all out feeling much better. “Have a fear of stairs or something?” Just stop talking people! All I do is continue walking until I am completely down and I wipe off my hands on my waist carrying on forwards to the rooms on the right, I walk quickly down the large hall pointing to the rooms farthest from mine just hoping they get the memo.

“These are your rooms, the rooms to your left are off limits to go in. I have no clue where the showers are or bathrooms are so don’t ask me. Try to be quiet down here because there is a sleeping…baby. Thanks.” I turn to leave pushing past the older boys down to my room before the more mature one stops me. His firm hand grabs onto my elbo causing me to stare at him in fear before he lets go of me making me race to my room slaming the door behind me. I cant do this! I cant!

Hail POV

“Hello!” The loud sound startles us all causing me and my family to jerk around to find the man that ushered us in here. Who saved us and a pregnant girl who is bruised and has very puffy red eyes. Is this his girl friend? Did he beat her? The sudden urge to protect her washes over me distracting me and Anne rushes out of my grasp over to her patting her belly.

“Be-be.” She can hardly reach it but she looks horrified and destroyed. Mel rushes to the rescue  grabing her away from her while Anne just throws a fit in her arms screaming and demanding to put her down. She hands her off to me and I give Anne my stern look telling her to calm down or go to sleep and she does. Instantly.

“This way.” The girl croaks shaking horribly before Cooper busts out of my hands running past her but almost knocking her over. Ben and I almost knock over Mel to go to sturdy her but she does it herself pausing for a moment before continueing to waddle towards another room. We reach it shortly after her watching her pause and start making her way very slowly down the stairs. She trembles as she makes her way down before Mel steps in once again.

“Are you alright? Do you need help?” She skips down the stairs holding onto her helping her down the stairs. My heart aches for her seeing her like this and makes me question staying here worried for Mel’s safety and this girls. Those bruises are pretty nasty and she is pregnant, they probably raped her, tomorrow we are leaving, if I cant get something out of her. She lets out a loud gasp half way down. “Have a fear of stairs or something?” Ben and I just stair at each other rolling our eyes, she needs another manners lesson on keeping her mouth shut.

We reach the end and she wipes her hands on her waist before hurrying faster down a tight fitted hallway, everything is made of metal. This place could be dangerous if Anne fell. She stops abrupty pointing to two rooms at the end of this long hall. “These are your rooms, the rooms to your left are off limits to go in. I have no clue where the showers are or bathrooms are so don’t ask me. Try to be quiet down here because there is a sleeping…baby. Thanks.” She hesitates on the word baby before trying to push past us to go somewhere. My hand quickly grabs her arm to tell her a quick thank you but she stares up to me panicking, terrified, and frantic. I quickly let her go while she runs to a room slaming the door behind her. I thought we were supposed to be quiet?

“What is her deal?” Mel scoffs walking into a room behind Anne and soon Cooper follows from out of no where. He is an English Bulldog and he is just the funniest thing in the world but the hardest to take care of. Mel closes the door behind her leaving the next room for Ben and I.

“Hey I am going to go apologize.” Ben jerks towards me looking alarmed.

“No man, you seen her, she is crazy. Just leave her alone okay? She obviously has some problems.” Ben is my younger brother but because of his close height to me we are mistaken as twins, but Mel and Ben are the twins.

“Get some rest, see you at dinner.” I slowly close the door behind me giving him a smirk before going to the room she ran into. As I draw near I hear her whimpering.

“I am so sorry, please just move, come on I know you can. Just move baby. I cant do this without you.” She sounds desperate with small sobs following her words. “This is all my fault, I am sorry I hurt you. Just move.” Without a second thought I open the door to see her in her bed sprawled out pressing on her belly to where there is a large indent. She continues to cry until she sees me and jerks out of her bed alarmed.

“Look I am sorry I scared you, I just wanted to apologize.” She scurrys to the far wall pressing on her belly some more.

“These rooms are off limits.” She gasps staring into my eyes with shock. Oh my God is she in labor?