Chapter 58

My ear narrows in on the small conversations I can hear in the background that soon turn into pleas of help and screaming. Total chaos of multiple different times and places. My body examines my surroundings before I dare find out where I am. I lay on a nice, new leather couch with a very comfortable pillow under my head. A soft wool blanket is draped over me and realize this is how I used to wake up some times in the morning when I was at home in front of the tv. Tommy used to do this to me if I ever did. Even after he turned into an ass he kept doing it. My eyes bolt open panicking remembering how I left the scene earlier. I sit up drastically making the couch squeak under my bare legs. The room is dark but large, metal, and cold. It smells fairly clean other than a hit of urine some where. There is a faint light peaking through a small door and I see the shadow of a man in the suit leaning in it watching whatever it is he is.

Who ever my captor is he seems rather homy. The curiosity of this man and who he is tugs at my body making me do things rather dangerous, such as carefully and quietly slipping off the couch and discover I am wearing a long sleeve shirt that is fairly loose but covers my butt. This shirt looks like one of my old shirts I stole from Tommy. Wait?

I think back to all the ties that lead to him, the unknown boss and my memories I know of him. Him actually talking to me through walkie, now all of this and his voice. I quickly come running in through the door to reveal a panel of tvs on replay showing a horror scene of the great doom exploding through the world. The doors clank up against the metal causing him to whip around in his rolly chair sending it across the room. He turns to face me and looks utterly shocked and when I see who it is I freeze. My eyes burn into his same ones that I inherited from. The person I have called out for, for so many years. My eyes burn seeing him not look any older than the last time I saw him. How can this be? How could he have survived all this? He takes a slow step towards me looking just as shocked as I am. Like he wasn’t expecting to see me.

“Daddy?” I manage to croak out feeling the hot tears flow down my face at rapid speeds. Before I can do anything he scoops me up in a giant hug pressing my face up against his nice warm chest. His chest begins to shake as I begin to hear him start to sob holding me tight before I return the hug back to him holding him tight starting to sob as well. I don’t care what my mother said about my father, he is my father and I know he wouldn’t hurt me, he was there for me.

“Oh Belle, I thought you were dead.” His voice cracks still sobbing holding me close, he shakes crazily but refuses to let me go.

“But aren’t you boss? Weren’t you the one I talked to for so long? The one who came to get me?” We both pull away wiping our tears forgetting about the backround commotion. He gives a weak smile before returning to my gaze.

“Ah! The smart genius who came up with this place? I am sure you will be very happy to see who this man is.” His very large hand grabs mine making me feel small, like I was five again. He leads me out of the room and through another set of doors much larger into a room making it seem just large enough. A giant dining room. Six people sitting at the table that could seat just about fifty people sit there eating with their backs turned towars us. They all laugh having a great time while they eat and throw food at one another. “Look who is awake!” My dad booms making the room fall silent only leaving the ere echo of his voice. They all turn to face us to see all the people that I love here. My Cane, my mother, Meg, and Tommy. Before they can even stand up I run over to my mother and Tommy rip them out of their seats to give the a giant hug. My sobs begin again making it louder than ever, even louder than my mothers. A few sounds come out of Tommy as well indicating he is crying as well. My heart aches because they are actually alive, my parents are alive, my family is alive. Any person would give to see their parents through something as horrid as this, the end of the world, I would love to die alongside my family.