Chapter 38

“No it tasted fine thanks for the concern.” He leans back in the chair laughing at his joke, it was funny to me and still is, I just have to wash my face before I do break out.

“Ha-ha very funny now if you will excuse me, me and this jar of peanut butter are going to wash my face.”

“May I join you?”

“No, you may go and finish your job at the stations.” I huff triumphant to the room rummaging through my things finding the face wash. I quickly run into the bathroom and wash my face in the freezing water. I wash off all the grease from my face and just chuckle. Ill be Rudolf tomorrow.

“Are you done yet?” I turn my face in the water to see Cane’s face covered in peanut butter, but how I have the jar? I look around trying to find it and he has it in his hands.

“You are such a weirdo.”  My body squeezes past his so he can wash his face off.

“Before I wash my face…why don’t you come kiss it off?”

“In your dreams tough guy, you are nasty.” My ninja fingers snake the peanut butter out of his hands before he can react. I plop onto the bed eating the deliciousness in a jar just wishing that  we had a tv.

“So do you want me to go and get you a book at the library?”

“Yes please, and could you get me some magazines along with a glass of water?”

“Sure thing.” He kisses my cheek and smells like peanut butter.

“The bugs are going to love you today.” I lean back just listening to the evening bugs singing like crazy.

“Bug spray.” He smiles leaving the doorway and heading out again. Oh I just love him so much he is such a dork.

“Why you gotta be so rude? I’m gonna marry her anyway.” I quietly sing to myself over and over again. Why does Pete have to be so rude? And yet Cane married me even if Pete never approved of it..  But it doesn’t matter anyways he is gone and dead so it doesn’t matter I don’t need his consent. “Marry that girl, Marry her anyway.” It’s a really good song, now its pretty much the only thing left, unless we got good singers.

I really need to be entertained easily so I go exploring the house. There are only like four outlets in this place. I go into the lounging room and start crawling around. I need something to do until he gets back. I crawl behind the couch and to my surprise I find a plug in CD player. Jackpot! I snatch it up and pop up from the back of the couch when I see six girls standing there staring at awe in the house. “Uh can I help you?” I snap sassing off to them.

“What is this place?”

“My house! Its rude not to knock first now get out of here right now!” I storm towards them trying to usher them out quickly.

“What makes you so special that you get a house?”

“Because I am pregnant.” Im not afraid to admit it, I love it now, so much fun.

“I don’t believe you.” I grab her sassy arm and drag her all the way to the nursery. She grudgingly trudges with me down the small hall and into the cute nursery. “Are you some sort of sick bitch? Playing house? You don’t even have a husband!”

“Who says I don’t!” I show her my ring and she looks at in shock. I am still surprised I have it on that I didn’t somehow lose it. I always do. Its strange having it on my finger.

“I still don’t believe you.”

“Hey Belle? Are these your friends?” I hear Cane in the front door. Yes thank god he is back!

“No, they just came in.” I yell to him and he walks through the hallways backwards eyeing the girls warily.

“Oh so are you supposed to be her ‘husband’?” She scoffs with her fake little quotations.

“Uh yeah I am so can you please get out of our house?” He has a bag of the things he got me and he isn’t one bit nice to her. Rear mean side, I like it.

“No, I am going to tell the other councilors they built this and you are hooking up with a camper.” She plops a piece of gum in her mouth and starts smacking on it like crazy. I can hear her saliva sloshing around in her mouth with ever chew. Some of it even spits onto my face. I wipe it off disgusted and wipe it on her face.

“You got a little something right there.” I poke her nose and she covers it. “Its brown. Have you been sticking your nose somewhere where it doesn’t belong again.” I give her a fake pouting look talking to her like she is a baby, cause she certainly acts like one.

“You whore.” She sneers to me getting in my face, her breath invades my nose making me gauge.

“I think you need a little more than gum sweet heart you smell like a horses ass.” I hear Cane chuckle a little bit, God she smells bad. She looks offended and they all storm out of the house slamming our door and gate. Thank God she left, she smells awful, she needs to attend to some personal hygiene. “Who were they?” I grab the grocery bag out of his hands and jump into our bed. He follows laying down relaxing for the only five minutes he has.

“They were at my horse stations earlier when the horse vomited on me. That was the girl. God is she so perky.” He covers his face with his hand annoyed probably from her.

“She was so fake.” I pull out a magazine, the date was the last published one there is. Yes! I start reading it letting all the drama feed me to fuel my drama fire.

“What do you mean by fake?”

“Her boobs, her face, her personality. She had surgery.”

“How do you know?” I slam the magazine down dramatically and circle my face and boobs in the same proximity.

“I am a girl!” He just rolls his eyes annoyed and trudgenly rolls out of our bed onto the floor causing a loud thump! He groans as he rolls all the way out of the door crashing into the wall and moaning in pain. He rolls all the way down the hall crashing into everything. “You are going to scuff up the walls!” I yell to him continuing to read the magazine on the Kardashian’s.