29

"So..." Dad trailed off. "So..." I copied. He had just came to pick me up from Skylar's house. "What all did you do today?" He asked. "Slept in class, snuck food in class, studied with Sky, and helped pick out decorations for Mrs Kristan and Rachel's baby reveal party. Well gender reveal." I explained to him. "Nice. Did you eat?" He asked. "Yeah. I ate some bomb ass spaghetti." I told him. "Aye now! Watch your mouth little girl." He scolded me. "But I'm not little tho." I joked. He glared at me but we both soon started laughing.

"Nasty ass. Get out of my car." He said. I didn't even realize we were home yet. I got out the car and walked to the house. I decided to leave my backpack in the car. "We're home!" Dad yelled. "Who are you talking to?" I asked. "He is talking to me." I heard. I looked up and saw my mom walking in with a huge smile. "Hey nugget." She said. "Hey... mom." I said awkwardly. It's not that I don't want her here. I'm just kinda surprised.

"Can I get a hug or are you going to continue to stare at me?" She asked with open arms. I smiled and went to hug her. "I missed you." She said and kissed my head. "I missed you too." I said. "You're getting so tall. I'm sorry I missed your birthday. I was scheduled for to many things that I didn't realize I had to do something on your birthday." She apologized. "I told you it was ok mom. You didn't mean too." I told her even tho it still kinda hurt.

"Ok. Well go change clothes so you and I can have a movie night." I nodded and walked up stairs. When I got up stairs I went in my room and changed clothes. See it's not that my mom is a bad mother. Cause she's a great mom. It's just after Fifth Harmony she went solo. She came out with one album then decided to stay at home and raise me. But she still did interviews and collaborations on the side. Now that I'm older she decided to get back to making music.

Yeah I was disappointed that she didn't come to my party. But she is a celebrity, right? Just like my dad they'll both be busy at times. So I'm kinda used to it. My dad is here most the time. But if he's not here I'm with my grandma since she moved down here. Or my nanny.

~Paradise

Edited