Chapter 1

“Are you bringing your make up because I am?” I ask my step sister Megan as I shove my makeup bag inside of my duffle bag.

            “What makes you think I wouldn’t?” Her sassy tone just cracks me up every time. She zips up her duffle bag and chucks it on her bed along with herself. I just love her dearly, we hardly ever fight and its usually when we are half asleep.

            “I think I am missing something?” I hate that feeling with a passion; it twinges in my stomach making me want to vomit.

            “Well make sure you bring everything, ain’t coming back for a while.” She kicks back on her purple bed turning on the TV.

            “This cannibal disease has now broken out to Asia and is moving fast. Scientists are working hard for a vaccination but seem to find nothing for this out break. Stay indoors until further notice.” My amusement is satisfied at the lies they share over live television just to razzle the world. And shouldn’t it be called the zombie apocalypse other than the cannibal disease? I zip up my bag and snap the remote out of her hands only to find that ‘Drop Dead Diva’ is the only thing on.

            A knock on the door startles us and distracts us from the drama this movie causes. “You ready?” His sloppy posture on the door way is revolting. Megan and I hate him he is both of our step dads. He gained custody of her when he divorced her mom then married mine. He is a mean sloppy jerk.

            “Yes!” Our excitement to leave this hell hole for a week has us pushing past him with our stuff banging about in the halls and down our stairs to the front door. Tommy, my idiot brother, stops us before the door. Tommy and I are three years apart while Megan and I are only two months. I am older, oh the glory days.

            “You are gone long? Can Jess and I borrow your room for a while?” Pete appears and Tommy smirks as he slowly walks away.

            “Never! Go sleep at her house!” Megan screams sharing our irritation in her voice.

            “What are you three arguing about now?”

            “Tommy got Jess pregnant.” The two of us walk out triumphant as we hear Pete screaming for Tommy to get his ass down there. We load our car and we both hop in the back together saying good bye to the social world for three months. We will be with some of our friends but not many. My eyes gaze to my time so we are not late and see its 4:02 we have two hours to get there and I already see us being late if we want coffee.

            Pete comes in blazing red, which answers our questions about coffee so we just fall to sleep.

                                                *****

            “Girls we are here! Get out!” Pete screams into the car from the trunk causing Meg and I to smash heads from shock. We scramble out of the car only to be welcomed by the scorching heat, cicadas, dry grass and a fifty foot steal gate. The gate is surrounded by high voltage barbed wire fences and stake looking things sticking out of the ground like a Nazi camp. “Nice security system!” Pete throws our things at check in causing people around to scream. He is such an ass hole. Megan and I walk to check in as we collect our badges and wrist bands. My curiosity roams around as woods surround the gate but there is a dry hot patch of clearing at the entrance. How can plants even grow here in this dry heat?

            “Look, there are only guy councilors here.” Meg’s hot voice in my ear makes me look around to only notice the same as well. Not one girl councilor. The guys are so hot! Every single one of them! “This is going to be one awesome summer.”  A male councilor who is shirtless I might add, picks up our things with ease.

            “Follow me.” His god like body shows he works out a lot and spends the majority of the time out here. Sweat trickles off of his back making me want to go and wipe it off for him. His shaggy black hair sticks to his face, I think I might swoon. His shorts hang low making me stare at his happy trial as he turns around in our cabin I didn’t notice we had walked into. His v is very well defined. “Your schedules will be posted every morning, today you get a free day, every Sunday will be free day to catch up on laundry. See you at breakfast.” I catch his gorgeous blue eyes and he is staring directly into mine and winks. He runs one hand through his shaggy wet hair as we walks out of the cabin.

            “I saw that!” Megan’s tone is new, it’s a joking sneaky tone mashed into one. I watch her as she starts unloading her duffle bag first. This cabin is nice and big; six beds line the room, with a door in the middle of the wall behind us, probably the bathroom. Above every bed is a cabinet. Meg fills hers with perfume and lotion.

            “Saw what?” This is new for me; usually she got the guys and has the crushes.     

            “You were staring at him.” She sent me an over the shoulder smirk has me blushing to match cherries.

            “Oh no, I don’t stare at boys.”

            “Oh so you’re a nun now?” Her hair flips as she whips around to stare at me.

            “Yes, as a matter of fact. Marry Eve.”

            “Nice to meet you Mother Marry Eve.” She places her hands together as in a fake prayer. “It’s fine to look at hot guys as that one and feel something for them. Its natural, I will back off in girl code. He is yours, it’s clear he has the hots for you too. We should get you looking cute for him this morning. For breakfast.”

            “If it will make you shut up then sure.” I lay out my bead spread to perfection because I am OCD when it comes to crinkles on my bed. I brought everything for it, the comforter, and multiple pillows as well just to make it look cute. Meg does the same it’s just not as great as mine, ours match both purple and black.

            “Rear!” She fake claws to me making us both laugh. The door swings open making it squeak and stopping our laughter to see four pretty girls walking through the door way to their beds. I am the friendly type most of the time so I introduce myself.

            “Hi, my name is Belle.” My gaze finds a girl in the back huddled on her bed looking shy.

            “What makes you think we want to know your name bitch?” The girl that is the closest to my bunk sneers.

            “No reason just polite conversation…slut.” I cough the last part as Meg gives me a high five. The girl has super high shorts that hug her thighs and butt making some of it fall out. Her tight tank top hugging her belly raising some to see her belly button ring. Her boobs are practically falling out of her bra and tank. I am pretty sure she stuffs them considering her size.

            “Excuse me?” She comes up in my face so I can see where her make up line runs and a small pimple on her fore head.

            “You have a zit.” I place my finger on it to push her head away from me. She is shorter and skinnier than me and Meg would back me up if she decided to throw a punch. We could take all them down if we could. Her fingers touch where I did and stares at me in horror that she has a zit. Her and the other three girls run to the bathroom and lock the door and they all start screaming in there. Meg and I laugh when I feel a tap on my shoulder. I slowly turn around to see the girl who is my height but very skinny with a long sleeve shirt on.