"You and Me..." (Imogen)

Not sure if any of you saw the newest Amazing Spider-Man movie, but I did, and I LOVED it.

I loved it so much I decided to write an imagine based off Gwen and Peter's adorable relationship. Here you go, enjoy. . . 

*Imogen's POV*

I tap my foot impatiently.

Where is he?

I pull my phone out from my pocket and look back at Justin's text for the hundredth time:

I'll be there. Don't worry. I'm not letting u down this time. See u soon baby x

I sigh. 

His intentions were so good. He knew how much this meant to me for him to be here...

I bite my lip as the principal walks to the podium and clears his throat. "Good morning, Graduates!" He greets with a proud smile. "I know you're all anxious on this beautiful morning, but I just wanted to be able to take a minute to congratulate each and every one of you on a job well done. High school isn't easy–no, it certainly isn't–and you've all done extremely well, in the end," He adds with a mischevious grin.

I smile and some of the girls around me begin to tear up.

Sure, we've been together for the past four years–for the past eight or nine years, with some of them–but I don't feel that upset about graduating. 

Of course I've made loads of life-long friends here, and I have, but Justin is the only person I really need by my side.

My parents, of course, but they don't really count. Not as my 'friends' at least.

From within my pocket, my phone starts vibrating. 

I pull it out:

Incoming Call from Justin

I scope out my surroundings, deem it safe to answer, and pick up the call.

"Where are you?" I quiz him immediately–my tone hushed.

"I'm trying to get there, baby, I am. I'm nearly there–nearly," He replies.

I sigh, "You knew what this meant to me–"

"Don't say that, Imogen. Don't say it. I know what this means to you and that's why I'm gonna be there for it, okay?"

"–And that's why, and I speak for all who've had the pleasure to have taught you all, we're so very proud of you guys today," The principal begins to speak again. "I hope you all realize how amazing what you've accomplished is."

"I have to go, I'm on soon," I speak through clenched teeth.

"Okay. Don't worry. I'm gonna be there, Imogen," He reassures me, but it sounds more like he's trying to reassure himself.

I hang up from the call and look around again, checking if anyone saw me on my phone at Graduation.

God. The things I do for that boy.

"Both Mr. Silzer and Mrs. Arthur have awards for some students; let's hear it for them both!!" The principal encourages the audience to applaud but the cheering is light–we're all ready to get out of here.

You see, Justin's been on tour for the past little while, and of course I miss him, but he's had this date in his calendar for weeks! It breaks my heart he isn't here yet... I didn't want him only to hear my acceptance speech, (I'm valedictorian) but I wanted him to be here with me. I wanted him to celebrate with me, and be proud of me. I've worked my butt off for the past four years, and I feel like it's all gone down the drain at this point.