A Special Self-Harm Imagine for Mariah

ATTENTION: Trigger warning. Please note that this is a trigger warning. I promise that all of you are worth love and adoration towards your bodies, and you should never hurt yourself because of how you think of yourself. Please don't hesitate to call this number, the suicide hotline, if anything, thoughts, feelings, comes into your mind: 1-800-273-8255 (this is the US suicide prevention hotline, just so you know), and don't hesitate to send me a message, because I will always be there for you. Thank you, enjoy the imagine.

this is another imagine about self-harm..i know ive written one already, but i think its such an important topic and idea that it deserves about a million of these, especially if they can make someone who goes through things like this feel just a little bit better.

if you every feel depressed, stressed, suicidal, like cutting - anything! talk to me! i want to help you out because honestly from the bottom of my heart i love each of you.

this imagine is for Mariah because she's going through some stuff right now and she needs this..

mariah - i love you with all my heart & i care so much about you so please read this imagine and i hope you'll feel better soon 

~~~~

I snaked my arms around her waist sneakily, but she's smart and noticed quickly.

"Justinnn!" She called out.   

"Mmmm..what?" I asked as I snuggled my head into her shoulder.  

"You know I have to study!"  

"I know.. I just wanna have a little fun..tour is coming back soon.."  

She looks away from your eye sadly, running a frustrated hand through her hair.  

"Hey, hey, hey." I say, taking her hand out of her hair and placing it in my palm as I rub my thumbs into it soothingly, I don't know why she loves that so much, but she does. It's a girl thing, I guess.  

"Don't get stressed!"  

"Don't get stressed? Don't get stressed!? How am I supposed to be 'not stressed' when I need to get into Harvard or Yale and I need to study for my finals as well as spend time with you before you leave me for another six months.." She lets out some steam. "I'm sorry Jay. I'm just worried."  

She rests her head on your shoulder.  

"It'll be fine, I promise you." You whisper into her Ear and kiss her head.  

"Yeah..but what if it's not.."  

"What?" I ask her. "What are you even saying?"  

"I'm not sure .. I'm just stressed about everything, and...and..and.." A tear trickles down her cheek.  

I pull her into a hug and I feel my shoulder wet with tears, my baby girls tears.  

"Baby girl..what's wrong.."

What's wrong?  

She's never like this, she always has those high walls .. those walls all girls have..  

She picks her head up off your shoulder and goes to iTunes and begins to play the song Warrior by Demi Lovato.  

"This is a story that I've never told, I got this off my chest; to let it go I need to take back the light inside you stole, your a criminal and you steal like your a pro All the pain, and the truth, I wear like a battle wound  So ashamed, so confused, I was broken and bruised. Now I'm a warrior,  now I've got thicker skin, I'm a warrior, I'm stronger than I've ever been."  

Demi sings and more tears pour from Mariah's eyes.  

"Mariah.." I run my hands through her hair to try and soothe her. I hate to see her cry, and I don't even know why she's crying..   

"A little girl grew up too fast," she sings with the song. "All it took was once, I'll never be the same.."  

"Baby..how have you been feeling lately?"  

She puts her head back into the crook of my neck and I can hear her sobs, I can feel them.   I pick her head up.   

"Please, tell me." I plead gently. I want to make her feel better..but how can I when I don't even know why she's crying..  

"I'm broken..I'm bruised..I'm trying, I'm trying to be a warrior Jay, I am.." She sniffles again.  

"Mariah, you aren't broken, I'm right here with you." I tell her.  

She lifts up the sleeves of the Yale sweatshirt she's worn all the time lately..  

Scars. All I see is scars.  

God, how could I have been so stupid?  

She's sobbing into my shoulder because she's cutting.  

She's listening to Demi, telling me how she's trying to be a warrior like her.  

How could I not suspect anything of the fact tht she's worn long sleeves everytime I've been with her for the past..what?..months..  

"I'm sorry, Justin..so, so, sorry..."  

She averts her gaze from you and you gently pick her head back up.  

"Careful there, princess, your crown almost fell, but no worries, I caught it."  

She gives me a smile.   

"Are you gonna tell me why you're doing this to your beautiful self?"  

"Because I don't feel beautiful. People tell me..you tell me.. I try, I try so hard to feel it too, but I just can't. I don't know why. I just can't." She shakes her head.   

"Please baby girl, no more tears. You are a warrior. I don't ever, ever want you to do this to yourself ever again. You are a gorgeous, perfect human being, and I want you to think like that."   

I kiss her lips and give her as much love as I can.  

She pulls away with a smile.  

"I promise I'll love you through  all of this." I tell her and she wipes away her tears.  

"I'm sorry Justin..I didn't mean to-to-to," her voice cracks some more. "to break down on you like this.."  

"Mariah, you haven't done anything wrong. In fact, I think you look more beautiful right now then I've ever seen you."  

She picks her head back up and looks right into your eye, her beautiful orbs sparkling with the glint of tears.  

She doesn't say anything, she just leans into you slowly and gracefully, forcefully putting as much love and passion into the kiss as she can.  

<3