Chapter 86

"Don?" Meryl asked as she saw Don packing his suitcases with all his things. "What's going on?"

Don reached over and gave her some papers and a pen. "I'm leaving...for good."

"What are..." Meryl was looking through the papers. "DIVORCE PAPERS? DON!"

Don continued packing. "You're ruined, Meryl. We're never going to be like we were. You let him ruin you. You let him take something that is MINE. You don't bring me ANY pleasure anymore. I look at you and feel nothing. I'm too good for you. I mean; look at me, then look at you!"

"Don." Meryl sobbed. "This isn't you. This is JAMES! You sounds like your father."

Don shrugged as he picked up his suitcases. "I am his son. Anyways, are you going to sign? Peggy is waiting for me."

"PEGGY?!" Meryl exploded. "What the fuck happened to you not caring if we never made love again? That I wasn't ruined? That I didn't belong to you? That I satisfied you in every way? What happened to that, DONALD GUMMER?"

Don shrugged. "I was trying to wait it out. It's been weeks, Meryl. I have needs too. Or have you been so god damn focused on yourself that you forgot that? I'm young. I'm not going to be celibate for the rest of my life."

"What about our children?!" Meryl exclaimed.

Don pointed to the papers. "Visitation rights."

"I can't look at you; I don't know if I can ever look at you again." Meryl sobbed as she quickly signed her name. "Get the fuck out and NEVER come back!"

Don carried his suitcases out. "At least I'll get some."

"Bastard!" Meryl cried as she threw a picture of the two of them at the door as he closed it behind them and then she raced after him and smacked him. "HOW IN THE HELL COULD YOU DO THIS TO US? AFTER ALL I'VE DONE FOR YOU. AFTER ALL I'VE GIVEN YOU! AFTER ALL I'VE PUT UP WITH FROM YOUR FUCKING FAMILY! I LET MYSELF FALL FOR YOU!"

Don shrugged. "I always knew I was just a rebound for you; just as you were for me. Now, I'm going back to my true love while yours is 6 feet under."

Meryl smacked him again. "OUT! GET THE FUCK OUT...NOW! YOU ARE THE BIGGEST FUCKER...WORSE THAN YOUR FATHER. I HOPE YOUR DICK NEVER WORKS AGAIN. YOU WILL NEVER SEE YOUR CHILDREN...NEVER!" 

"You are the biggest whore to let him do this to you." Don said as he walked out the door.

Meryl screamed at him. "AT LEAST HE WAS BETTER AT FUCKING THAN YOU ARE!"

***

Meryl was so glad that Henry was asleep. She didn't know what the hell happened. The one thing she did know was the man that left, the one who filed for divorce, the one who said those awful things was NOT her husband. She didn't know what the hell happened. The night before she wanted to make love but HE said it was too soon. Maybe she really was ruined and disgusting. She did know one thing...she was NOT letting HIM around HER children. She was even going to change Henry's last name so he had NO tie to that AWFUL, AWFUL family! Just then she heard a voice behind her and froze when it belonged to the man who caused all this, who should be in jail for the rest of her life. "Glad you finally came to your senses and can be MINE. No one to save you THIS TIME!"

***

"DON!!!!" Meryl screamed sitting up and running to the door but couldn't open it.  It was also dark. She couldn't get the lights to work which only added to her panic. "DOOOOONNNNN!!!! COME BACK!!!!! BE MY DON MAN!!!!"