Chapter 40

Meryl was smiling as she got dressed for her evening out with her husband. Though it was a little emotional picking out a new bed for Henry, not to mention the emotional start to the day, it had turned into a fabulous day. Of course, it did, her husband and son always had a way of cheering her up and making her feel better. After picking out the new bed, bedding and decorations for Henry's new bedroom they had a great lunch together at an outdoor cafe then they went home and all took a nap together. She also spent the rest of the day trying to get her surprise out of her husband but did not succeed. While Henry was still sleeping they took a shower together and got ready for their evening.

Meryl was feeling sexy in her gray wrap dress, and knew her husband would love how it accentuated her chest. She found a chain to put the locket charm he gave her on it. Her hair was swept up with showed off her slender neck, which she also knew he would love. She was looking through her closet for her black cardigan and that's when it hit her-it was in evidence at the police station. She was determined not to let it get to her. It was a small price to pay if it meant that fucker never got to her or her precious family again. She smiled when she thought of what she would wear instead-Don's black cable knit cardigan. She LOVED wearing Don's clothes. She loved how they enveloped her, like he did, and how they smelled like him. She frowned as she was going through his side of the closet and couldn't find what she was looking for. She had just worn it a few months back. Surely it was there.

***

Don smiled as he rolled up his sleeves on his white dress shirt and tucked it in to his black trousers and tightened his belt, knowing how much his wife liked this look on him. Especially when she could stroke the forearms she loved so much; and he knew she would like it that he kept the top three buttons of his shirt undone. His smile widened when he walked into their closet and saw his gorgeous, and pregnant, wife absolutely glowing in the gray wrap dress. "You are so fucking beautiful."

"Hey, baby." Meryl said flashing him a quick smile as she went back to what she was doing.

Don noticed she was distracted and went to stand behind her, wrapping his arms around her, knowing he could do that now. "What? I don't look fucking beautiful? I tried really hard and washed my hair and everything."

"Don." Meryl giggled turning in his arms knowing he was trying to bring her away from whatever was distracting her. "NO...you are so fucking sexy. Thank you for rolling up your sleeves and not buttoning you shirt all the way." She smiled wth a kiss to he base of his throat.

Don frowned when she went back to what she was doing. "What are you doing? This is my side."

"I know." She laughed. "I wanted to wear my black cardigan with this dress since it's sleeveless but then I realized..."

Don pulled her to him as he cupped her face in his hands knowing what she meant. "Yeah, we both need to go shopping. I don't want you to cover up your gorgeously toned arms. Besides this way I can kiss your bare shoulders easily."

"Don." Meryl moaned as she tried not to let him distract her.

Don smirked as he kissed her other shoulder. "Like that?"

"Mmmmmhmmmm." Meryl moaned with closed eyes. 

Don smirked as he pulled away hoping he made her feel better. "See? You don't need your stupid sweater."

"It's chilly, I need something. I want to wear your black cable knit cardigan I wear sometimes." Meryl smirked at him. "Besides, I know how much you like me in your clothes and I promise to take it off when we're inside; but I can't seem to find it."

Don sighed as he pulled her back to him. "Sweetheart, I don't have it anymore."

"What? I just wore it not that long..." Meryl trailed off when she saw the look on his face. "Oh. Okay."