Chapter 26

Don was relieved that he got Meryl calmed down back at the loft but she was worked up all over again when he found the pregnancy test. They had no idea how Mann got it. They finally decided that Meryl threw it away when it was negative but then it changed to positive; and Mann found it in their trash. It didn't matter how it all happened; the fact was he knew. Don immediately called Larry and said they were coming right over. Larry said that was a good thing as he had some more things he needed to talk to them about regarding the case; Don just wanted all of this to be over. After calling Larry, Don helped Meryl grab the rest of their things they needed, though she told him he shouldn't be carrying the bags. He didn't care, he just wanted to get them the hell out of there; and he sure as hell didn't want her carrying the bags and making the trips down to the car by herself. Since he hadn't been released fully she didn't let him drive; he knew she was still incredibly worried about him. Once she parked their car in the parking garage by Larry's office building she started to get out but Don stopped her. "What? We need to get up there and talk to Larry."

"Not so fast, beautiful." Don said tenderly as he pulled his stocking cap down. "You need to talk to me. What are you thinking?"

That's all it took for Meryl to completely breakdown. "I'm thinking that I'm completely creeped out, Don. He's gone through your things; your ART which is an expression of who you are. He went through our trash and touched something I fucking pissed on and taped it to Henry's favorite stuffed animal. He was there when we took Henry home from the hospital, 17 months ago! I've only known about him for 2 weeks! Then he somehow knows what lingerie you've bought me, shreds them then fucking ejaculated on my underwear. Did he use that sketch of me to get off? Did he rub my other lingerie all over him or smell my perfume to get him there? What? Do you have any idea what it's like for a man other than your husband, a predator, to go through your most intimate things and fucking explode on them? I feel so dirty. So used."

"Come here, baby." Don said a she wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly. "I have no idea what you must be going through. The fact that he has done this to you has filled me with such rage I can't even explain. It makes me sick. You don't deserve this, sweetheart; no woman does. I would love to fucking castrate him." Don slowly pulled away and cupped her cheek in his hand. "You listen to me, Mary Louise, you are NOT dirty. You are NOT used. YOU did NOT ask for any of this fucking shit. I wish to God I knew why he was coming after you. I'm not going to let him get to you or Henry; or allow him to fucking use you like that anymore. You are the most wonderful, amazing, intelligent and beautiful woman in the world. Please don't let him make you lose sight of that. I'm not going to let him victimize you like this anymore. You can trust me."

Meryl nodded as he wiped her tears. "That and your love and our family are about the only things I know for sure right now."

"I know it's embarrassing but we do need to go talk to Larry about all of this. It's just more evidence that he has been treating you as his prey and he's the predator." Don said tucking her hair behind her hear.

Meryl nodded as the tears just kept coming. "I just want to forget about this Don. I want to be at my parents with you and Henry. I want the 3 of us to spend time together as a family. I want you to make love to me."

"You still want to make love?" Don asked surprised.

Meryl looked at him almost in shock. "Of course."

"I just thought because of what he did, you know, that you wouldn't feel comfortable." Don said gently.

Meryl tenderly kissed his lips. "Of course I do. I never feel as beautiful and loved as I do when you're making love to me."

"You are." Don said as he kissed her forehead knowing how safe that made her feel. "Come on, my girl, let's nail him!"

***