Chapter 29

Meryl smiled, and was giggling, as she ran back into the den to be with her husband the next afternoon. She had lust laid Henry down for his afternoon nap. It took him awhile but she finally got him down. Her parents were gone for the afternoon and so it was just her and Don. They were even crazier about one another, and couldn't keep their hands off each other more than normal, so they were both looking forward to some time alone in the house even with Henry sleeping. Don's smile matched hers as she ran over to him on the couch and straddled him. Don ran his hands up and down her back as she lavished his neck with kisses. "He asleep?"

"Finally." Meryl mumbled down his neck as she started to undo the buttons on his shirt.

Don threw his head back to give her more room. "God, I love how horny you are when you're pregnant."

"I love how horny you are, well..." Meryl continued kissing down his neck. "All the time."

Don smirked as he pulled her face back up to his and devoured her mouth and tongue. "Horny...for...you."

"DON!" Meryl shrieked in delight as he pushed her on her back on the couch just as the phone began to ring. Don sighed as he looked down at her and began to sit up until she pulled him back down on top of her. "Don't."

Don sighed as he wiggled out of her hold and sat up to answer the phone. "We don't want it to wake up Henry."

"Fine." Meryl sighed but winked at him to show she wasn't upset. "Make it quick."

Don winked back at her. "The phone call or what I was just starting?"

"The phone call." Meryl said giggling.

Don reached for the phone as he placed one last kiss on her lips. "Streep Residence."

"Don, it's Larry." Larry said on the other end of the phone.

Don started buttoning his shirt back up when his wife tried to slap his hand away as he lips made contact with his skin. "Hey Larry, what's up?"

"You." Meryl smirked as she kissed the croch of his jeans but then she stopped trying to distract him knowing this was probably important. She then sat up next to Don as he wrapped his arm around her.

Larry took a deep breath. "I need to talk to you and Meryl about a couple of things. Do the Streeps have a speakerphone?"

"Yeah, I'm on it." Don said switching to speaker phone. "Meryl's here with me and you're on speaker phone.

Meryl took Don's hand in hers guessing this wouldn't be a pleasure call. "Hey, Larry."

"Hey, M, listen I have news. There will be a preliminary hearing on Friday. You're not leaving until next Monday, right?" Larry asked concerned.

Meryl looked at Don as he nodded and answered. "Yeah, that's right. A preliminary hearing?"

"Yeah, when all the charges are read against him. Usually it's open to the public but the judge has issued a gag order to all involved. And I can take you two through a back and private entrance." Larry said.

Meryl smiled at his sensitivity. "Thank you, Larry."

"He's pleading not guilty. Which is good." Larry said.

Don looked at Meryl in shock. "How in the hell could this be good?!"

"Because he's admitted to everything on tape, WITH his lawyer present. It shows he's crazy. It's in the bag. Besides, he passed his mentally competency test showing he's mentally competent to stand trial. He's perjuring himself by pleading not guilty. Trust me, we've got him." Larry said confidently.