All I've Ever Known - #96

Last time: love and hate.

Miku's PoV

The week passes by quickly, with nothing much happening in between.

On Sunday night I got a text message from Luka.

I grabbed my phone with hopes in my mind as I tap in my password and display the text message.

The text message reads: hi, I'm just texting to let you know I am out of hospital and should be at school tomorrow.

I beam at the message and, in my excitement, quickly type out a response, letting her know I'm happy and glad she is out and well.

I've been constantly worrying about her since the day we all got into that fight.

Urgh, just the thought of it sends chills down my spine.

I smile to myself as I turn off my phone, glad that my best friend is okay.

===========================

"LUKA!!" Rin and I yell in unison, running over to our pink-haired friend.

Luka smiles the brightest smile I've seen her smile as we dash over to her.

"I'm so glad you're okay!" Rin exclaims, hugging Luka.

"So am I." Luka chuckles.

Soon a small crowd has formed around us. People are all asking questions.

Are you okay, Luka?

What exactly happened..?

Was it a scary experience?

Urgh, that Baka. Why did Meiko do that?

What she did makes me sick..

Soon the buzz dies down and the crowd disintegrates.

At the back of the crowd is a certain brunette girl with short hair and brown eyes.

"Meiko.." I whisper, looking at Rin and Luka.

Rin clenches her first. I read her mind like a book, and grab onto her arms to prevent her from doing anything.

Meiko slowly approaches us.

"So, you're out of hospital?" She says, folding her arms.

"As you can see, yes, I am." Luka tells her.

Meiko frowns, narrowing her eyes.

"Please don't get all sassy with me." She demands.

"Why are you here, anyway?" Rin asks.

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay." Meiko replies, eyeing Luka. "Though that doesn't mean I'm not going to stop giving you hassle. Consider this as the exception."

She gives us all a cold stare before turning on her heel and walking away.

"Sheesh, I don't know what to think." I sigh. "Was that nice of her, or just part of her schemes?"

"That's the best you're going to get from Meiko." Rin tells me.

Luka opens her mouth to speak, but she is cut of my someone yelling her name.

We turn around to see Gakupo, a relieved expression in his face as he runs over to Luka.

"I'm so glad you're okay." He says, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

I smile and walk away, deciding that they needed some time to themselves.

"Miku! Wait!" I hear Rin call out behind me, running after me.

I turn around to look at Rin, smiling.

"It's been fun, hasn't it?" I tell her.

Rin looks at me, confused.

"What do you mean by that? What are you talking about so suddenly..?" She asks, tilting her head in confusion like a puppy.

"I mean, up until this point. We've experienced so much together." I tell her. "It's like this is all I've ever known."

Rin smiles.

"Well, you're right - we've experienced so much together, and there is still so much more."

I look up to the sky, smiling.

"Yeah." I say. "You're right."