Luka's Secret - #60

Last time: Miku, Rin and Len talked to Iroha about Luka's current state, and Miku also got 'advice' from Kaito.

Rin's PoV

The next day I meet Miku at the school gates.

"So what's the plan?" I ask her.

"Plan?" She echoed, tilting her head to one side.

"Um.. yeah. You talked to Kaito last night, right?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah, I did. He just told me that if we comfort her and stuff like that, she'd trust us and tell us what's bothering her..? I think that's what he said." Miku told me.

"She already trusts us, though, she just won't tell us." I point out.

"Ah. True." Miku says, shaking her head from side to side. "Sorry, I don't think this is going to work. Sure, we're worried about her, but we can't force her to tell us. Plus, there must be a good reason as to why she's hiding it."

"Like what?" I ask, narrowing my eyes and crossing my arms.

Miku thinks for a moment. She opens her mouth to speak, but is cut off by someone else.

"You guys are talking about me, aren't you?"

Miku and I turn around to see Luka.

"Luka! How long have you been there?!" Miku asks.

"Long enough." Luka replies. "How many times do I have to tell you that I am absolutely 100% fine?!" she yells.

I decide to not make a comment. It's hopeless.

"Please don't yell at me.." Miku whispered, clenching her fists. She is probably getting reminded of the time Luka yelled at her on the roof.

Luka takes a deep breath.

"Sorry. I just don't want to be a nuisance and get in your way. Please don't worry about me." Luka says.

Miku and I don't say anything. We aren't sure if Luka does, but we know the truth.

Luka didn't say anything either for a while.

Eventually the awkward silence is broken by Luka yawning.

"What time?" I asked.

Luka closed her eyes and folded her arms.

"Luka-" I begin

"I can't answer that question. There wasn't a time." Luka said.

I tilt my head in confusion.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I ask the arrogant Luka.

"I mean there wasn't a-!"

Luka suddenly lost her footing, and fell onto the ground.

I was shocked. It had happened so fast..

"Are you okay?" Miku asked as Luka got back on her feet.

"I'm fine." Luka grimaced.

"Can I just ask what exactly just happened?" I say, still very confused the scene I had just witnessed.

"I fell." Luka shrugged.

That's when the bell rang throughout the school.

"Homeroom." Luka said to herself, and walked on ahead.

I looked at Miku. She read my facial expression very clearly.

"I think she means she got no sleep..." Miku whispers to me as we begin walking to homeroom.

I stop in my tracks.

"You can't be serious... an all nighter?!" I say, enraged.

Miku nods slowly.

"Looks like I'm going to have to knock some common sense into her." I growl, charging ahead.

===========================

"There he is." Miku said, pointing ahead.

It is break time, and Miku has just told me that Kaito wants to speak to us.

Miku and I rush over to the blue haired figure that sitting by the fountain.

"Hey Kaito!" Miku calls.

Kaito turns his head to see us approach.

"Good morning, ladies." Kaito smiles with a wink. I look at Miku, who has illusionary love hearts in her eyes. "So we are here to talk about your friend, correct."

"Yep." Miku said, and I nodded.

Luka's PoV

I see Miku and Rin walking over towards Kaito, and they begin talking.

They look like they're talking about something serious, so I decide to go and check it out.

I walk over to the Sakura tree behind the fountain, and eavesdrop on their conversation.

I can't make out all of what they are saying; they are speaking to quietly, however, I do pick up serval things.

Like "Try this..." and "comfort her" and "Luka".

I blink the second I hear my name.

They are talking about me.

I sigh, slumping down against the tree bark and hiding my face in my hands.

I get it - they are trying to help me.

But I don't think I need help.

However, every time I hear them come up with these little plans to try and make me tell them what's on my mind, I feel like I break a little bit.

I don't think they'll understand...

"Luka?"

I pull my hands away from my face to see who called me.

It was Rin.

"What's the matter?" She asks.

I stand up, leaning against the tree.

"You were talking about me, weren't you?" I say.

Rin's eyes widened. I guess she didn't know I was listening.

"Look. I appreciate you trying to help me, but you're not." I say, feeling tears well up in my eyes.

"Luka.." Rin says.

"Just leave me alone.." I whisper, before running away from the tree.

I don't stop running until I come across the abandoned part of the school.

I sit down against the wall, hugging my knees to my chest.

I feel like I've always been the strong one, having to look after Iroha.

But now that nobody else is around, I feel like I can let it all out.

I stay like that until the end of break time.

===========================

Miku's PoV

"Guys, where's Luka?" I ask at lunch time.

"I haven't seen her today." Teto shrugs.

"Last time I saw her was in History. She looked really quite depressed." Len said, eating a banana.

"This isn't like Luka.." I mutter.

"Well, I did see her behind a Sakura tree at break. I think she heard the conversation, and she ran off, upset." Rin says.

I stood up.

"I'm going to go and find her." I announce.

"I'm coming with you!" Rin decides, scurrying after me.

I had an idea as to where Luka might be.

If she ever feels upset, she'll want to be alone, so that means she will be...

I run to the corner of the school premises. And sure enough, there is Luka.

Narrator: we will end it there. See ya~!