The 'Bad Guy' - #89

Last time: Gakupo came along to check on Luka, and as he left said the three words she had so desperately wanted to hear - "I love you".

Miku's PoV

I glanced over at Meiko. For once, she was by herself, sitting at her desk in solitude.

I narrow my eyes, wondering why.

Ever since the fight, she had been avoiding me, Rin and Kaito, and also doesn't always hang out with her crowd of friends, like she usually does.

Maybe she feels ashamed? Maybe she is worried that it will ruin her reputation? Maybe... maybe she feels bad about what happened..?

But then I thought back to that evil smile as she pushed Luka that day.

Yeah, she did not look sorry whatsoever back then.

"What's on your mind?" Rin asks, slamming her hands against the desk and bringing me back to reality.

"Nothing important. I was just going over the fact Meiko hasn't been bothering us lately." I shrug.

Rin turns around and stares directly at Meiko. She notices, and looks back at the blonde, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Forget about her." Rin scowls, looking back at me with a serious expression. "She is not worthy of our time any longer."

"You're implying she was before?" I ask, tilting my head.

Rin stops for a second, going over what she had just said.

"Well... she targeted you, and to do that she had to get through me first. Anyway, now we have no reason to deal with her foolishness." Rin says, oblivious to the fact that could sound pretty offensive.

"That's a bit harsh, don't you think?" I reply, biting down in my lip.

Rin hesitates again.

"Urgh, forget it." Rin says, chuckling quietly. I look questioningly at her, but she ignores me. "Did you remember to do the homework we had set for today?"

I stop dead in my tracks, a dark shadow casting over my head.

"We had homework?" I ask her. Rin nods in response to my question.

"Yes, we had homework." She states, folding her arms. "Don't tell me you forgot."

"I forgot." I panic, quickly scavenging through my bag and pulling out a piece of paper. "How long until Sensei arrives?"

"Just over five minutes." Rin informs me, glancing over to the clock hanging on the wall.

"Shoot." I mumble, grabbing my pen from my pencil case, and quickly filling in the answers to the questions that were written in the page.

I manage to get it finished just in time, even though my handwriting is almost impossible to read and some of the ink is smudged.

"It'll do." Rin shrugs, laughing. I glare at her - if looks could kill, Rin would drop dead. "G-gomen nasai! [I'm sorry]"

I make a little 'Hmph' noise of annoyance, just as Sensei strolls into the lively classroom. The chattering dies down and everyone leaps into their seats, and greets Sensei.

"Ohayogozaimasu, class." Sensei replies, walking over to the desk at the front of the classroom and sitting down with a cup of coffee in hand, ready for another day of yelling at kids who are misbehaving of have forgot their homework.

I slowly exhale, relieved that I won't be getting a detention today.

I hope...

Meiko's PoV

"Gosh girlllll, you did an AMAZING job the other day!" Mew tells me, giving me a nudge.

"Haha, thanks.." I reply, hoping that the faint regret I am feeling deep down isn't noticeable.

Mew doesn't seem to notice though.

"That Luka girl is in hospital, you got her so good!" Mew exclaims. "You need to teach me your ways!"

"I'd be more than happy to." I smirk.

"Hey guys!" A certain light-haired girl came running up to us from the other side of the hallway.

"What's up, See-see?" Mew asks, playing with her hair and flashing the girl a smile.

"Nothing much more than going through hell." SeeU sighs, rolling her eyes.

"Same here. Urgh, school." I reply, folding my arms and narrowing my eyes.

"Ah, Meiko, I heard about what happened." SeeU tells me.

"You have?"

"Yeah." SeeU nods. "You got into another fight with the Dandere, huh?"

"Yeah. I'm sure that girl has a death wish." I respond, looking over my shoulder as if I'm expecting her to appear.

"Why don't you just go and finish her off? That way she'll be with her friend and she won't bother you anymore." Mew smirks. "Oh, right - she's too uncool for us, I forgot."

"What about that Miku girl?" SeeU asks. "She seems okay, but.. wasn't she your original target?"

"She still is. She won't steal my Kaito away from me." I growl, however I feel somewhat doubtful.

Mew grins.

"That's the spirit." She cheers, winking. "Miku doesn't stand a chance against you. If you catch her without her little bodyguard, then I'm sure you will be done within seconds!"

"I know that, I'll just have to time it perfectly. Rin and Miku are always together." I roll my eyes.

"Those girls act three years old sometimes." Mew scowls.

SeeU places a hand on her hip, not saying anything.

"Anyway, I'm not going to-"

"OH, SHOOT!" Mew suddenly yells. I wince at her sudden increase of volume, and SeeU jumps back, obviously startled.

"What's happened?!" I ask.

Mew is eyeing her finger nail, pouting.

"My nail chipped off. Oh my god, it looks so untidy! No boy is going to talk to me in this current state!" Mew sulks.

SeeU rolls her eyes.

"The first thing a boy is going to see will probably not be your fingernails." She states.

"That doesn't make me feel any better." Mew growls, clenching her fist.

"Don't worry about it, Mew." I advise her. Mew rolls her eyes and grumpily agrees to not threat about her broken fingernail.

And so, SeeU and Mew start talking about something, while I stare ahead of me, thinking.

Do I really want to hurt then again?

But... I'm so close...

I avert my gaze and look at the floor.

I am the bad guy. I have admirers wether I like it or not, and I can't ruin my reputation.

Narrator: and cut x3

Rin: Oh no. It's the typical point where the rival goes down a guilt trip. ^^

Meiko: Hmph. No it's not.

Narrator: Well, we will see what happens... IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!! BAI GUYS~ :D