Looking after Luka - #29

Last time: Luka overworked and fell ill, upsetting Rin because she told her to not do it.

Luka's PoV

I wake up on the sofa with a sharp pain in my head.

I slowly sit up to see Miku and Rin standing next to me.

"E-eh!?" I stuttered in shock. I wasn't expecting them to be here!

Miku smiled.

"You're finally awake!" she said.

Rin sighed, looking genuinely upset.

"I told you this would happen, and you didn't listen to me." she said gloomily.

"No. I'm absolutely fine." I argue, getting up from the couch. However, all I achieve is the pain in my head getting worse.

"Luka. Sit back down and rest." Len said strictly, coming over to join me, Miku and Rin. I obey him and sit back down on the sofa with a sigh.

"So.. how are you feeling?" Rin asks.

"I'm feeling fine. You guys don't need to be here..." I say quietly.

Miku looks at me like I'm crazy. Well, maybe I am.

"No, we can't do that. Just tell us how you're feeling - you don't need to lie to us!" she says.

"Fine. My head hurts like hell and I feel awful." I admit, looking away from them.

Rin sighs, hiding her face in her hands.

"Why didn't you listen to me..." she asks quietly.

I don't answer, I just lie back down in the sofa.

Miku stood up.

"I'm going to check up on Iroha. Len, get Luka a drink." she instructed, before turning to leave the room.

Len nodded and headed into the kitchen, leaving just me and Rin.

Rin combs her fingers through my knotty hair.

I sigh, suddenly frightened as thoughts rush around my mind.

"I have work tomorrow... I can't miss it and let everyone down..! And I have homework to catch up on and-!" I panic.

"No." Rin interrupts me with one simple word.

I blink and look at her.

"You can't keep doing this. You're clearly ill, and rushing around from six in the morning until midnight won't do you any good." Rin said.

I remain quiet, not sure how to respond.

That's when Miku walks back in the room, with Iroha bounding in behind her.

She approaches me and hands me a paper card she made.

It has the words "get well soon!" on the front, with a picture of a cute neko underneath.

Inside it reads:
"To Onee-chan,
I'm sorry that you don't feel very well and I hope you feel better very soon!"
Love from Iroha 🐱"

I smile at my younger sister.

"Thank you Iroha, I appreciate it." I said, sitting up and hugging her.

Iroha hugs me back.

"Make sure you do get better soon.." she says, and I nod, saying I'll try my best.

Len walks back in with some drinks and places them on the small table.

"You should rest now, Luka." he suggests, and I nod and close my eyes, eventually falling asleep.

Len's PoV

Luka drifts off to sleep.

Miku moves her bangs out of the way and places her hand on Luka's forehead.

"She still has a fever." Miku sighs, "we might have to get some medicine."

Iroha gasps, not liking the sound of Miku's little plan.

"But medicine tastes horrible!" she complained.

"Don't worry Iroha, it'll make her feel better!" I say encouragingly.

Iroha shrugs her shoulders, still not looking satisfied.

"Yeah, I guess.." she replied, turning away and beginning to draw another picture.

I turn back to Miku and Rin.

"I'll go to the store and buy some." I tell them.

Rin jumped up.

"I'll come with you. You'll probably get the wrong one." she teased.

"I won't!" I argue, even though she's probably right.

Miku nods, giggling a bit.

"Hurry up then, I'll stay here with Luka." she says, and Rin and I nod, walk out of the house, and jog down the road to the store.

"So, do you forgive Luka yet?" I ask, half jokingly, and half seriously.

Rin frowns.

"She still put herself through this, and I'm still mad about that." she replies.

I think for a second.

I guess she's right...

Eventually we arrive at the superstore, and Rin leads me to the medication.

"So, which one do we need?" I ask her.

Rin thinks for a second, looking at all of the options.

"Let's see. What are her symptoms?" she asks.

"Headache? Fever?" I reply.

Rin scavenges for a while before picking out a bottle of medicine.

"This one!" She said, holding it up triumphantly.

I eye her.

"Are you sure?" I ask.

She gives me an angry glance.
"Of course I'm sure!" She says, and I shrug and go along with her word.

Narrator: And cut.

Luka: =_=

Miku: Leeks.

Len: Bananas.

Rin: ARIGATO AND GOODBYE~!