Solution - #83

A/N: I couldn't come up with a better title XD

Last time: A fight with Meiko ended up in tears and pain.

Rin's PoV

Miku looked like she was in deep thought, going over the question I had just asked her.

"You stay here. I'm going to go and get help." Miku says, drawing her now bloody hand away from Luka's deep wound.

I look at her and nod at her instructions, and Miku runs off.

For a few moments I just stand there, unsure of what to do in this terrible situation.

The wind is howling and the trees are swaying in the chilling breeze. The clouds above are grey and it looks like it's about to rain any minute.

The only thing keeping the scenery from silent is the whistling of the wind and Luka whimpering in pain every now and then.

I kneel beside her, feeling awful about what she is currently going through.

"I'm sorry..." I whisper, placing my hand on hers.

I sigh, thinking about all of the ways I could have stopped everyone from being in this mess.

"It's my fault." I tell her, looking at her with sad eyes.

Luka looks at me, and, despite the pain, forces a smile.

"Don't blame yourself. I'm okay." She says. I would like to say I'm convinced, but I'm not, because I can see she is clenching her free hand into a tight fist.

"Luka, I know you're in pain. You don't need to hide it." I say softly.

Luka tenses up. I sigh and avert my gaze.

Miku's PoV

I can't believe it.

There is actually nobody currently in school premises.

I sigh and slowly walk back to the other two, frightened as to what will happen.

The more I think about it, the more terrifying thoughts come to mind.

By the time I get back to Luka and Rin, silent tears are rolling down my face.

Rin jumps up.

"Did you find anyone?" She asks me.

I look her in the eye and take a deep breath before responding.

"There's nobody around. I don't know where everyone's gone, but.." I sigh.

Rin's eyes widen.

"Nobody?!" She gasps. I sigh and nod.

"So what are we-" Rin is cut off by the sound of very violent coughing.

We both look at Luka.

She's managed to get into a sitting position, and she has her hands cupped over her mouth, coughing.

"Are you okay?" Rin asks gently, sitting down next to Luka.

Luka stops coughing, drawing her hands away from her mouth. They stained with..

"B-blood?!" Rin stutters, alarmed. I feel myself tense up.

"Luka, lie back down." I demand, and Luka does so.