Friday - #19

Last time: Miku, Rin, Len, Luka, Gumi and Teto all ate lunch together as a small group.

~A couple days later~

Miku's PoV

"Hey guys, wanna go to the mall tomorrow?" I asked. It was Friday, and I felt like doing something with my friends this weekend.

Rin shrugged.

"Sure. Why not." She said.

Teto and Gumi exchanged excited glances.

"Count us in!" They yelled in sync.

Len grimaced.

"Fine. As long as we go to the arcade at some point!" He demanded.

"Okay, we will. Luka, are you coming?" I say, looking at her with an expression you can't say "no" to.

Luka was twirling a strand of long, pink hair around her finger, looking a little lost in thought.

"Luka?" I ask, waving my hand in front of her face.

"Hm? Oh, yeah, sure." She said. I frowned at her hesitation, but didn't think too much of it.

"Okay. Cool. I'm meet you guys there then!" I say, smiling brightly. Len groaned.

"Please don't spend too long looking around clothing shops and make-up boutiques." Len sighed.

"Don't worry Len, they sell hair ties there. Who knows, we could get you a pink one!" Rin teased, making the rest of us giggle.

"Shut. Up." Len whispered, obviously annoyed at his sister.

"Sorry, what was that? You want a purple one?" Rin said, blinking slowly, "or maybe you could get one like Miku's?"

Len and I looked at each other with faint blushes stained in our cheeks.

He looked back at Rin rolling his eyes and giving up on the argument, because he knew he couldn't win.

Then the sound of the bell rings through the school. I tell my friends I'll see them tomorrow and make my way to my next class.

Whilst walking through the monochromatic rooms, I see a mop of dark blue in the corner of my eyes. I slowly turn around to see Kaito.

Kaito notices me staring.

"Hey Miku! I haven't seen you around for a few days... I just wanted to apologise for what happened the other day." He said, looking genuinely sorry.

"It's fine." I reply, getting reminded of a certain brunette.

Kaito smiled. "We will do it again soon without Meiko, I promise." He said. I nod, a faint smile appearing on my lips.

"Arigato Kaito." I thanked him, and turned away, heading to my class.

"He isn't interested in you."

"He belongs to me and me alone."

Meiko's words suddenly echo through my mind. I feel my eyes misting with tears, but I need to stay strong...

I shake my head and walk into the classroom.

I sit at my desk and try to distract myself from my thoughts. I open my History textbook and start working through the everlasting questions.

The questions seemed to torture my brain, making me forget about my Meiko issues.

===========================

At last. Closing a book has never made me feel so achieved.

I turn on my phone to see that is nearly the end of the lesson.

I stare at the clock widget on my phone, waiting for it to reach three o'clock.

And, after what seemed like a decade, the bell rang. I hurriedly pack my bag and rush out of the classroom.

No school for two more days.

Hell yes!

Narrator: Aaaaand we will end it there. Arigato and Sayonara~!