Date Gone Wrong - #14

Last time: Miku found out about Meiko's feelings for Kaito. Meiko later tells Miku to stay away from him.

Miku's PoV

The corridor is empty. The only thing you can hear is the echo of my feet racing across the floor, however, I still hear Meiko's voice in my head, breaking the supposed silence.

Would Kaito have rejected me if it weren't for ice cream?

Is all this true?

I skid to a halt just before I collide into the wall. I carry on walking silently down the monochromatic rooms, until the entrance of the school becomes visible.

There, I can see Kaito.

He looks at me and smiles one of his heartwarming smiles. My worries instantly get pushed to the back of my mind - all I can think of is Kaito.

"Hey, Miku!" he calls.

"Kon'nichiwa [hello] Kaito-kun!" I squeal.

"You ready to go and get some ice cream?" he asks with a wink.

"Yep!" I nod eagerly. We both set of to the ice cream van down the road from school.

The van is playing a song I know, so I quietly sing along. Kaito doesn't hear me, he is more focused on the ice cream.

"What flavour do you want?" he asks.

"Hm..." I frown, peering over to the menu. Vanilla, chocolate, mint, strawberry... There is no leek flavour, so I'll stick with strawberry.

"I'll go with strawberry please." I said. Kaito nodded and went to get the ice creams. As he did so, I went over to a near by bench and sat on it.

I'm actually on a date with Kaito.. [In Japan, even if two friends of opposite genders hang out together, it is still considered a date.]

Kaito soon wanders back over to me, handing me an ice cream cone with a sakura-coloured scoop of ice cream sitting on top of it.

"Arigato!" I thanked him, and began eating with a happy expression.

"Better hurry up and eat these... we don't want them to melt!" Kaito says, taking his ice cream very seriously.

I'm not sure about the ice cream, but I know I'm definitely melting, being with him.

However, to my dismay, this feeling is short-lived. Pretty soon, Meiko wanders over to us, locking eyes with Kaito.

"Hi, Kaito~!" she purred, sitting beside Kaito.

"Hey, Meiko. Want an ice cream?" Kaito offered smiling.

"Sure, but I'll pay.." she says.

"No, I insist." Kaito said, getting up and going back over to the van.

As soon as he left, Meiko looked at me, giving me a cold-hearted smirk.

"Looks like it's just us then." She whispers in a low voice. Instantly, all the things she told me earlier came back to me, like a haunting.

"Did you forget what I told you earlier, about me and Kaito?" she asked. I shiver.

"N-no, I haven't..." I stammer.

"You better not have." Meiko said.

Luckily, Kaito returns, just before Meiko can say or do anything else.

"Here's your ice cream, Meiko." Kaito said, handing Meiko her ice cream.

"Thank you so much, Kaito!" Meiko smiled. Kaito sits back down, and they start talking about something.

I sigh, feeling misplaced. Looks like I really don't have a chance.

"I, um, I need to go now." I said, standing up and swiftly walking away. Kaito's about to come with me, but Meiko holds him back.

I run home quickly, bulldozing through the apartment to my room and slamming the door behind me.

I don't have a chance...

Luka's PoV

By the time I finish my shift, it's late. I say goodbye to my boss and then walk home. My little sister Iroha has an after school club anyway, so she won't be back yet.

I begin making my way home, exhausted.

It's hard to cram school and work into a day. Not to mention piles and piles of homework we get given every day.

Sometimes I stay up until past midnight doing homework.

Sometimes when we have exams, I get no sleep at all because I'm too busy studying.

What a joyful day.

Narrator: And cut! Sorry it goes a bit off-topic at the end, I was running out of ideas for this chapter =w=

Luka: I'm not complaining XD

Narrator: Arigato and sayonara~!