Gumi - #17

Last time: Luka went through her morning routine. Luka arrived at school with Rin, and later on an unhappy Miku came to join them.

Rin's PoV

"Hey Miku!" I call out to her cheerfully.

She doesn't reply, she just sighs and goes to sit in her desk.

Luka and I look at each other confused before going over to Miku's desk.

"Okay, let's get straight to the point. What's wrong?" I asked her. Miku looks up at me.

"Nothing." She replied with a shrug.

"Miku.." Luka says softly, instantly seeing through her teal-haired friends lie.

Miku sighed, giving in.

"Fine! I just didn't have the best experience after school yesterday." Miku admitted.

"How? What happened?" I ask her curiously.

"Someone ruined it!" Miku hissed.

"Someone?" Luka echoes.

Miku nods. Then, the classroom door opens. Miku's eyes are fixated onto the person who walks in...

...Meiko.

Meiko spots Miku and smiles.

"Hi, Miku! Where did you go yesterday?" she asks, tilting her head like a puppy.

Miku mutters something under her breath.

"Did you say something?" Meiko asks, fluttering her eyelashes.

"I had something to do." Miku says louder.

Meiko smirks and then walks off.

"What's her problem?" I say as soon as she steps foot out of the room.

Miku sighs.

"It's no use!" She whines suddenly.

"Eh?"

"I'll never win over her! Not in a million years! Lukaaaa-.." Miku wails, throwing her arms around the pinkette. I blink.

Have I missed something here..?

Luka's PoV

Miku is silently sobbing, and Rin is staring at us with great confusion.

"Miku. Trust me, Meiko may look pretty and nice, but she can be a horrible person. However, you are really pretty, inside and out." I am aware that my cheeks are stained with faint pink, but I'm just hoping that what I'm saying cheers Miku up.

"You can do it. We believe in you, so you need to believe in yourself too!" I smile. Miku looks up at me, and though her eyes are still watery, smiles to.

"You're right... thanks Luka." she says.

Rin clears her throat.

"Is this what I think it's about?" she asks, and Miku and I nod in sync.

"Don't worry about it Miku." she says, and then the bell goes. We all take our seats.

Our teacher comes in, and after registration, starts talking about all of this boring stuff that I can't be bothered to listen to.

I feel myself start to slip in and out of sleep.

Rin notices and pinches my arm.

"Hey!" I whisper loudly, rubbing my arm where she had pinched me.

"Baka [idiot]... You were falling asleep!" Rin whispered back to me. I rolled my eyes and waited for homeroom to end.

Miku's PoV

Yay! Homeroom's over.

I gather all my stuff and make my way over to Maths.

===========================

Mrs. Yowane is calling out names of people, and asking them to hand in their homework.

"Miss Megpoid?" The teacher calls.

Everyone looks at a girl with short, emerald-green hair.

"Sorry Mrs! I haven't done it." She says, sounding too cheerful. The teacher sighed.

"What's your excuse this time?" Mrs Yowane asks.

The green haired girl stays quiet for a second.

"It- it slipped out of my hands on the way to school and blew away in the wind. I'm sorry Mrs, I tried to chase it but I couldn't get it back!" she explained, and a sea of giggles could be heard from the rest of the class.

Mrs Yowane looked like she had enough.

"Very funny.. you will be getting an after school detention." She says strictly.

The green haired girl sighed.

"I can't do it today Sensei." she said slowly.

"Oh? And whys that?" The teacher said, crossing her arms and looking at the student.

"Um..." She looked around the room for inspiration, when suddenly, an illusionary light bulb appeared as she came up with an idea. "After school club!" She said.

"You will just have to miss it then." Mrs Yowane said, bored with the conversation and continues her lesson.

I bite my lip and look at the green haired girl. She doesn't look very happy about her after school detention.

===========================

Finally, Maths is over.

I walk over to the green haired girl.

"Hi. I must admit, your excuses were pretty amusing." I tell her with a small smile.

The girls green eyes light up.

"I'm glad someone enjoys my creative stories!" She says. Wow, this girl sore is bubbly...

"I'm Gumi!" She held out her hand for me to shake.

"Miku." I replied, taking her hand and shaking it.

Gumi's happy face suddenly clouded over.

"I still have detention though, thanks to Yowane..." she hisses in an annoyed tone.

I sigh. "I guess that's just tough luck. Come on, we're going to be late for out next lesson. See you soon!" I said, waving at her and rushing out of the room.

Narrator: And that's all for now! X3

Gumi: YAY IM A PART OF IT! Not in a very good way, though... ;-;

Narrator: Sayonara!