Kagamine Secrets - #8

Last time: after many failed attempts, Miku and Luka finally sang through 'Magnet' without making any errors. When lunch time rolled around, Miku asked Rin to explain her relationship with her brother...

Rin's PoV

"Can you... please tell me what happened between you and Len?" That was the question Miku had asked me as she peered at me with blue eyes full of concern.

I sigh deeply, closing my eyes momentarily. It's really difficult to talk about my past to others, but Miku is pulling a face I just can't say no to.

I sigh, giving in. "Fine..."

Flashback to Rin and Len, aged 10

Failed.

Those are the six depressing letters that are scribbled in red pen across my test sheet.

I look around the class to see that everyone else is proud of themselves for getting good grades... everyone except me. Here I am, left behind, with nobody to turn to...

"Rin?"

I heard a familiar voice next to me. Turning to my side, I realise it was Len, my twin brother.

Len sits down next to me, grinning from ear to ear. "I passed! I passed, Rinny-chan!" Len beamed. I smile at him.

"Sugoi [awesome]... that's great." I respond quietly, trying to hide the fact that I'm on the verge of crying.

"What about you? What grade did you achieve?" Len asks, leaning over the table and looking at my test sheet. He falls silent as he reads the big red letters.

I look away, ashamed. Len notices and hugs me. "I'm sorry, Rin-chan... better luck next time." He tells me, and I give him a small smile in response.

"Thanks."

===========================

Pretty soon, the whole class knew about my awful grade - They teased me, they hurt me, and for so long, Len was the only one who I could rely on.

He tried to save me and stand up for me, but instead, they started picking on both of us- I've never felt so annoyed at myself.

If I wasn't this foolish, Len wouldn't be suffering the way I am...

What have I caused...?

End of flashback

Miku and Luka are both completely silent. I take a deep breath and continue talking.

"Soon, the teasing got so bad, I ended up shutting the world around me out. It was the only way I could save myself from breaking down again. I didn't talk to my classmates, my teachers, my family, I even stopped talking to Len.

Then, we moved here, and started Vocal Academy. Len got really popular really quickly. He was able to shake any insults off him like water on a ducks back. He had people there to support him when he needed it. It made me sad, jealous, angry, and for a while, I felt completely betrayed.

Soon, we got into a massive argument. Our....our mother had just passed away. Len thought I didn't care about her death, because I 'didn't show it' even though deep down it hit me harder than it hit him. He accused me of all sorts of things, and said some things that really hurt me. So I said really horrible things back. After that, we never spoke to each other, and when we did, it was just us throwing insults back and forth at each other..." I stop talking. I have more I want to say, so much more, but I can't - I have already started tearing up.

Miku ran over to me. "I'm so sorry! I didn't know! Urgh, I shouldn't have been so nosy, I'm sorry..." She apologises and hugs me. I hug her back.

"It's okay. I would've had to tell you at some point." I tell her. Luka's sitting silently at the other end of the table. I have already told her all this.

I furiously wipe the tears off my face. If I go on like this, I'll break again.

I glance over to Len's table, cautiously, to realise he had witnessed the whole scenario. Crap.

I look away quickly, hiding my face in my hands in embarrassment and upset. I don't want him to see me like this.

Author: wOw eDiTiNg fAnFiCs Is sO fUn :0

Miku: *raises leek* stop being so sarcastic Author-chan, or I'll hit you with my leek-!

Author: oUh sORRY MIKU-

Miku: *pouts* And you should be! As for now, see you guys in the next chapter!