Her Feelings - #92

Last time: Miku told Kaito everything about her experiences with Meiko since she joined the academy, and how Meiko sees Kaito as her own.

Miku's PoV

Rin and I are walking through the dull, melancholic alleyways.

The grey clouds are like a wall above us, preventing the happy colours of the blue sky and the sun from shining, and drops of rain are falling from the clouds.

I am explaining the conversation I had with Kaito to her, describing the look of confusion and betrayal that showed in his deep blue eyes as I told him what he never noticed.

Rin listens to what I have to stay as we continue to walk, kicking the water from one of the puddles on the ground. The water splashes on the miry pavement.

"He looked so upset about the whole thing. I felt kinda bad." I sigh, gazing up at the sky. The rain reminded me of the tears I cried at Meiko's spiteful words, the words that pierced my heart, leaving wounds that will never completely go away - the scars will always remain.

Rin nudges me.

"Cheer up." She tells me. I look at her. Raindrops are dripping down her face, and her blue eyes are staring into mine, hoping for a positive response.

I shrug, as if I'm hoping that I can shrug of all of my worries and concerns.

"Let's forget about this for the time being. Let's just focus on going to see Luka." I decide. Rin nods.

"She's moved to a ward, apparently." Rin informs me. "Though it's quite empty."

"Oh. Well, she will enjoy our company then." I tell her, smiling a thin smile as we approach the hospital.

===========================

"Urgh." A fed up Luka grunts.

It's been a week since she first arrived in hospital. She has another week to go until she is released back into the... 'wild'.

"Don't worry, it's only a week to go." Rin encourages her. Luka looks at her as if she is crazy.

"One week. Seven days. One hundred and sixty eight hours. Ten thousand and eighty minutes. -According to google- You really think that's not very long?" She asks.

"How do you know that..?" I mutter under my breath.

Luka ignores my question, and is instead intently staring at Rin and waiting for a reply.

"Okay, I'm sorry. It is a long time." Rin sighs.

Luka raises an eyebrow.

"That doesn't make me feel any better." She responds in a monotone voice.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY?!" Rin says in a loud voice. I laugh, enjoying this little act.

"Forget it." Luka says, rolling her eyes. "The point is, I can't wait to get out of here."

I sit down on a chair, looking around the monochromatic room. It isn't the most homely of places, so I understand why Luka is so desperate.

"I understand. It must be super boring." I sigh.

Luka nods in response.

An awkward silence is shared between us.

In the end, I end up explaining the whole Kaito situation to Luka. I also mention the fact that Meiko had no longer been bothering us.