Chapter 88

Abel

The next day

"I love you so much like come here and let me kiss you." Lani says reaching her arms out towards me.

Lani woke up this morning and demanded to have her favorite, Starbucks. She didn't stop whining until I came back with her food.

She was a little moody this morning if you ask me, but I didn't mind it's my job to please her.

I walk over to the island where Lani's sitting at eating her food and she grabs me kissing my lips repeatedly.

"Your lips taste like a cotton candy frappe." I chuckle between the sweet kisses.

"It's good too," she giggles. "Food makes me happy."

Suddenly I remember that we still needed to talk. I've been so caught up being a delivery guy this morning that I almost forgot we have something important to discuss.

"I bet," I chuckle taking the frappe out her hands. "But we need to talk."

Lani looks at me like she wants to punch me for doing that so I placed it back in her hands. Then without another word I picked her up out her seat and sat her on top of the island top.

"Buying me things at my command and babying me... What's wrong?" Lani asked looking at me with concern.

"What makes you think something's wrong?" I ask wanting to know what she thinks.

I always do those things it isn't new.

"I don't know, I can just feel it." She answers.

I run my hands over Lani's bare thighs and she pulls down her oversized t-shirt pecking my lips focusing.

"What's on your mind?"

"It's more like what's on yours.." I trail off. "Are you happy with you know... Being pregnant and all?"

Lani sighs pushing her hair back frustratedly. "As in?" She asked.

"As in how do you feel? Are you adjusting to being pregnant, are you scared, or are you feeling like I made you keep the baby.." I list making Lani frowns at me.

"You making me keep the baby?" She repeats shaking her head. "Where are you getting this?"

I sigh, "My mother told me what you two were talking about and I just wanted to speak on it more. If you're not happy you should tell me."

Face to face we look at each other. I wait for Lani to speak but instead she sniffs wiping her eyes quickly.

"I'm honestly stressed out." She says letting a few more tears slip sway.

"Abel I can't help but to overthink things. I could have been going to college and modeling by the end of next month but instead I'm trying to be happy and I know there's a possibility that I'm not going to ever adjust to this." Lani cries and my heart drops.

"I'm an eighteen year old girl who's pregnant! My life is ruined and it's all my fault." She starts to sob.

I shake my head wrapping my arms around Lani trying to comfort her. I can't stand to see her cry. It does something to me.

"Baby your life isn't ruined," I assure. "I had no idea you weren't happy."

I can't believe for two months Lani hasn't been fully happy. I know she said she would grow to be okay with what's going on but I didn't know she was stressing out still.