Chapter 45

Lani

I wake from smelling the scent of food hit my nose. It smells like blue berry banana pancakes and it's making my mouth water. Rubbing my eyes while yawning I sit up in bed looking for Abel who's not beside me anymore. I tip out of bed to go downstairs into the kitchen were Abel is sitting at the island with his phone shoved in his face.

"Good morning early bird." I greet kindly walking into the large kitchen.

"Morning baby." He says with his eyes still locked on the phone. "There's your plate." He points to the perfectly fixed plate across from him.

"Thanks." I say opening the fridge to get orange juice. Surprisingly he had a carton throughout all the bottles of liquor in there.

I open the cabinet grabbing a glass pouring my orange juice into it taking a quick sip of it.

"I'm happy you've made yourself at home." He chuckles playfully.

In my response I chuckle joining him at the island. I take a deep inhale of the freshly made pancakes before cutting into them.

I smile when I taste the heavenly goodness. "These are so good." I say.

"Compliments to Chef Tesfaye." He chuckles.

"I didn't know you could cook."

"It's s lot of things you don't know I can do." He winks at me being a freak early this morning.

I laugh at him, "Stop being weird." I say carrying on eating my pancakes.

As I eat I look up at Abel watching me with a small grin on his face. Why does he always do this?

I pause holding my fork up to my mouth holding off from eating, "Stop it."

"Stop what?" He ask.

"Staring." I answer.

"I was about to ask you something smart ass." He says meanly but cutely at the same time.

"Spit it out then brainiac." I say back smartly.

"Are you still coming to out of town with me?"

"Of course."

I couldn't say no really anyways. I've signed up for my weeks of online classes and filled out my paper work saying that I have an important business trip to attend... Which technically I do. I'm going to do my job of modeling and supporting.

"This is going to be great." He smiles.

He's smiling too hard...

"What do you have up your sleeves?" I ask.

His smile drops, "Nothing." He says.

I nod my head sitting my fork down finishing the last bite of my pancake. I hop down from the stool at the island walking to the trash to empty the scraps from my plate. I place my foot on the lever making the top fling up.

"Abel..." I say turning around to look at him.

"Yes love?" He says innocently.

I raise my brow. "Why is there an ihop carry out box in the trash?"

He begins to chuckle lowly then chuckle turns into a loud laugh.