Chapter 68

Abel

"You're stupid as fuck nigga." LaMar says bashing me.

"Don't remind me of it." I say rolling my eyes inwardly at myself.

The guys are over my place because of course I called them in for a venting session. The other night Lani and I got into it because of my mouth wanting to be reckless. I didn't mean anything I said. I just thought that being aggressive and trying to take charge would work and I'd have her back with no problems... But it didn't. Now I'm sitting here single and loosing it. I haven't heard from Lani since that night and it scares me honestly.

"You're always messing up something and then wanting to make up for it. What's with you?" He asks shaking his head.

"He's not getting any pussy, he's moody." Hawk laughs loudly.

Why do I even try inviting him to over when I need advice? This nigga can never be serious.

"Shut the fuck up before I kick your ass out of my house." I warn and he lowers down his laughing into a snicker.

"I was upset. I just wanted her back and to have good times with her but she's trying to-"

"Take things slow and you're rushing it." LaMar says finishing my sentence.

"Perfect way for her to go find a new boyfriend that will treat her right." He includes making my insecurities kick in.

"Don't say that man." I say looking at my phone. "She's already ignoring me."

What if she is planning on leaving me alone for good or moving far away... I'm going to be a emotional wreck.

"It's the truth." LaMar shrugs.

"You told the girl you basically do the things you do is because of her. I know you when you're mad but that was too far." He scowls.

He's completely right. Once again I've fucked up and this time I don't think I can fix it. I should've just appreciated Lani decision and waited till she's ready to be together again.

"I'm not shit." I say being ashamed of my dumb ways.

"At least you can go back to getting hoes now." Hawk says trying to cheer me up.

"I don't want any hoes dumb ass. I want Lani, fuck any other girl."

"Just hope that she'll come around sooner or later." LaMar chimes in.

"She doesn't even want to see me probably." I sigh looking downward.

Just then the front door opens and I hear light humming coming closer from down the hall. I look up and it's no surprise about how she got in but it's surprising that she's here.

I look up at Lani and she's damn glowing. She looks beautiful. I hadn't seen her dress tomboyish in a while and she's pulling it off so well.