Chapter 6

^ Above is a photo of Tray. Isn't he fine😍 but k back to the story.

Lani's p.o.v

This week has been draining me. All the missed work I had I'm now caught up on so that's good. I'm just happy today is Friday and I can go home and relax now since the bell has rung.

I gather my things and walk out of class. I'm so ready to go home. I send Aud a quick text telling her I'm not waiting around after school I'm going straight home and stop by later if she wants. I continue walking and I reach my car. I unlock the door and soon as I reach for the door someone puts their hands over my eyes.

"Guess who?" The person coos in my ear.

"I don't know but if I don't find out soon I'll beat your ass." I say very stern. Ok, I quite a temper but I try not to show that side unless I'm pushed to it.

"Damn the bush is meaner than I thought." And I now know it's Tray.

He uncovers my eyes and I turn around facing him.

"You almost had a taste of fist, don't do that." I say jokingly.

"I'm not worried." He says laughing

"So what do you need because if it's a ride hurry and get in I'm ready to go home." I say shaking my keys in my hand.

"No I'm good but I wanted to ask you if you want to go out tonight instead of tomorrow I have basketball and other things to do Saturday."

I mentally debate on should I say yes or no because I just wanted to go home and sleep.

"Ummmm... Sure why not." I say

"Ok ok now we getting some progress." Tray says smiling. I see what Audrey was saying now. He's handsome. His height is even better though. He stands about 6 feet flat. He has basic nigga tattoos across his chest and on his arm. He never has a shirt on, on snapchat that's how I know. He'd be actually ok but he's a little too hood for me at times but hey we're just hanging out.

"I'll pick you up at your house around like 8:00 if that's ok with you?"

"Yeah that fine, they gives me time to sleep." I say opening my car door stepping up into my jeep.

"Ok send me your address later on." Tray say walking away.

"Ok." I yell so he can hear me.

I shut the door and fasten my seatbelt. Once I start up the car I pull out the parking lot and I as bad as I want to do 100 miles per hour just to get home I keep it responsible.

Finally I reach my destination to the house I walk in and my mother is not home yet so I know she's at the store because other than that she's on her laptop. I go up to my room and set my alarm for seven to get up to get ready for tonight. Once I lay down on the bed it's a wrap I'm out like a light.

---------

Beep.. Beep..Beep--

I grab my phone slapping the screen to shut up the alarm. It's seven on the dot so I send Tray my address and I head to get dressed a little better. I have no idea where we are going so I'll keep it chic I guess. My style is so versatile.
I put on a basic mid heather grey crop top with a pair of dark ripped blue jeans and I put back on my grey sandals and as for my hair, I leave my messy fro alone. I place on a little light pink color lipglass from MAC.

It's now 8:05 and I hear a car horn blowing and I know it's Tray. Why couldn't he just knock on the door or call me. I walk down stairs and my mother is back and the groceries are on the counter.