Chapter 44

Abel

It's been a week and Lani still hasn't picked up the phone or came to see me. My feeling are getting the best of me and I'm feeling less of a man now. I thought about the other most precious women in my life and put her in Lani's place mentally. If someone did my mother like that I knew I wouldn't have said what I said to her. I needed someone to talk to so I called LaMar over to discuss what was going on. I can't take Hyghly and Hawk seriously so I didn't tell them to come.

"You're stupid." LaMar says bluntly.

"Thanks I deserved that." I say nodding my head.

I explained what happened last weekend to LaMar and he's gotten really pissed at me before but she's really pissed at me right now.

"You really tend to fuck shit up Abe by talking." He says.

"I know but I was so angry!" I say.

"Don't yell at me bro I'll kick your ass up in your own house." LaMar chuckles but I know he's serious.

"My bad, I'm just so-"

"Stupid and heartless." He finishes my sentence.

"Stupid yes, heartless no." I say.

I most definitely love Lani with all my heart, I'm anything but heartless.

"I can't tell you told Lani she deserved it. A nigga beat on her and you said she deserved all because she was wearing shorts."

That does sound stupid but she knows I'm insecure and jealous as hell. My mind started to race and I felt like she was trying to cheat on me. I was so caught up on how I feel that I didn't recognize how she felt.

"What should I do?"

"I'm going to talk to her and ask her to come over cause if you do we both know she's not coming. Your lucky if she still wants to go to Atlanta and Toronto with us next week."

Fuck, I forgot next week I had so much planned out. She has to come Canada it's a lot going on like her shoot, my birthday, and a surprise I put together for her.

I run my hand down my face trying to control my nerves, "I don't know I'm going to say." I confess.

"Start off by telling her sorry and then tell her why you said what you said. Lani is a forgiving girl."

"No Lani is a passive girl. She makes people think she's okay but in reality she bottles a lot of shit up."

"Why does she do that to herself?"

"I don't know every time I ask her she starts to cry."

"I should beat your ass, making my cousin cry."

I frown up a bit, "I didn't mean too nigga."

"Better not have."

"She not your real cousin anyways." I say jokingly but he LaMar gives a death look.

"All I have to say is you better try to give her an sincere apology man."