Chapter 40

Lani

The last few days of school have been so... weird. As in weird I mean by more fake people trying to be my friend all of a sudden and my real friend treating me like we're not friends. Tray has been ignoring me lately. He either has small talk with me or acts like he doesn't see my text and calls. Even when we're in class he barely talks to me. I don't know what I've done to damage our friendship.

"Maybe you pissed him off," Audrey shrugs sipping her latte sitting across  from me at the island.

"But I didn't do anything I don't get it." I say trying to think of something I could have done.

"Maybe you forgot his birthday Lan." She snaps her finger.

I roll my eyes at her. Her hair is light brown but I swear she's a blonde.

"Aud you and I both know Tray's birthday is in July not January."

"... right, right." She trails off.

I don't know and I'm not going to stress about it. I'll be at his game this weekend so I'll talk to him then. I don't want to just drop by his house unexpectedly since he won't text or call me back.

My phone starts to vibrate across the table rattling as the incoming call comes in. I pick it up to see its my stud muffin babe. That's a corny nickname but it's so cute to me. I answer putting the phone up to my ear.

"Hey abe-"

"Baby can you come over?" Abel ask quickly not allowing me to say my sentence.

"Yeah of course," I answer "what's wrong you sound kind of out of breath?" I ask listening to his light hard breathing.

"It's nothing I just want to see you, we have to talk."

And with those words I start to overthink. We have to talk has to be one of the scariest things to hear from someone you're in a relationship with.

"I'll be over in a minute."

"Ok." He says ending the call.

I sit there fiddling with my phone in my hands thinking about what could he want to talk about.

"What's going on?" Audrey asks.

"Abel wants me to come over."

"Ohhh... You two still being nasty huh?" She says winking at me.

This dirty girl... She's way off.

"No he said we need to talk." I say giving her a straight face to take me serious.

"About?" She ask motioning me to keep talking.

"I have no idea."

"Maybe he's mad at you too."

That made me feel better...Hint my sarcasm.

"I thank you for not making me overthink more." I smile giving her a thumbs up.

"Look on the bright side you still have me regardless." She smiles back.