Chapter 69

Lani

"I really do miss you and I wish you were here." I say sincerely to the phone.

"I'll be back before your graduation ceremony," my mom says boosting my spirit up a bit.

My mom called to tell me she won't be back for my prom which is this weekend. But she did say she'll be back for my graduation two week afterwards which is still good news.

As of right now she's just relaxing from her recovery. She still never told me what was wrong with her but as long as she's healthy I'm fine with that.

"And I'll be bringing you a surprise back too." She says cheerfully.

"Can't wait." I smile.

"I'll let you go now, I'm about to go with your Aunt to the supermarket." She says.

"Tell Pili'lani to give me some nieces and nephews while she's alone up there in California." My aunt shouts in the back.

She's still rooting for me to have kids over and over again. I literally don't even want kids. I'll just adopt pets or something.

"She's crazy," I chuckle.

"Ignore her honey." My mom laughs.

"I'll talk to you later. Be safe and remember that I love you." says making me smile.

"I love you too." I say ending the call.

Now that I'm off the phone I can go attend to my hot bubble bath upstairs. I promise you a hot bath after a long day at school is so calming.

I head up stairs kicking my shoes off starting to undress. I laugh as my puppy tries to bite at my shoes. He's a bad little thing.

I continue to undress heading into the bathroom. Stopping me in my tracks is my ringing phone. I sigh rolling my eyes as I step back into my room to see who's calling.

Incoming call from Abel...

"Now what?" I mumble to myself watching my phone ring.

Soon as the call ends a text message comes in. I open up the message reading it,

Before I could ignore the message he calls back again

Before I could ignore the message he calls back again. I guess I'll answer this time.

"What Abel?" I ask in monotone.

"Can we meet up today?" He asks immediately skipping small talk.

"I'm busy." I lie.

"You're lying, you said that yesterday."

"And I'm saying it again today."