Chapter 83

Lani

Wednesday

I rub my Shea moisture moisturizer through my curls enjoying the fresh smell and look it gives my hair. I've already put on my lotion so I'm ready to get dressed.

For my appointment today I've slipped on a simple long sleeved Oxford university tee shirt and a pair of grey sweat shorts. I read in my pamphlet that wearing light clothes are better than jeans and etc due to pain and pressure.

I walk out the bathroom and sliding on my sandals and grabbing my car keys getting ready to leave.

I grab my phone from my bed texting Cole and Audrey telling them I'm headed to the clinic and they both texted me back some encouraging words for the day.

Cole🌹📖 : You're anything but a bad person. You are a girl filled with knowledge and goals to fulfill. Don't let this drag you down. You're a strong Dove. See you soon.

I smile at Coles polite words. This is why I love venting to him. He's understanding and gives out good advice.

L : thanks for the great words. I'll FaceTime you later.

I click on my other message reading it.

Other half 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩✨ : keep a positive mindset! You're doing this not out of selfishness but for the best. Chase your education and do you. Call me after you leave the clinic boo. 💋

L : I'll definitely be calling with the details. Ttyl. Thanks for the positivity 💋💋

Soon as I head down stairs into the kitchen I stop and put some food into Sweet-T's bowl for him before I go. I write on my moms memo board that's posted on the fridge to remind her when she gets home this morning that I'm at the doctors office.

Stopping me in my tracks my phone vibrates in my hand from an incoming call.

I glance at the name and pick up.

"Hey babe." I say answering the phone.

"Open up I brought you breakfast." Abel says sweetly into the phone.

I freeze face palming myself mentally. He decided to pop up at the wrong time.

"Uh... Okay." I say ending the call walking to the front door opening it right up.

I grin looking at my handsome boyfriend. He's so cute in his black tee shirt with his matching sweat pants. I could kiss all over him already.

"Surprise," Abel smiles walking in holding the Starbucks bags and cups.

I close the door walking behind Abel as we go back into the kitchen. He sits everything on the island and smiles at me.

"I saw your retweet last night about how cute a breakfast date would be so here I am with your favorite." He says and I walk over to Abel kissing his lips.

"You're the best." I say smiling.

"The greatest," he smiles. "I even brought Pua something for whenever she gets here."

This is the kind of guy you have to thank God for. When he starts to even treat your mom like a princess it's real.

"I'd do you right here if I didn't have to go right now." I laugh taking a sip of my latte quickly.