Chapter 76

Abel

Lani's graduation party🎉

We took been pictures for what felt like hours and now we're finally back at Lani's house. Her family is still here and is still cheering her on for getting into her dream university. Everyone is so happy and upbeat like I should be, but meanwhile, the only thing I've been able to think about is Oxford... Oxford.

I feel a kiss being planted on the side of my face and arms wrap around my neck.

I already know it's Lani automatically because of her scent. She smells like a perfect

"Something wrong babe?" Lani asked me.

I shake my head no, "I'm fine love."

"Are you sure? You're just sitting here with this look on your face. You're thinking about something." She says knowing me too well.

I don't want to be a burden on her day but I have to let her know how I feel.

"Can I talk to you upstairs?" I ask her standing up from my seat.

"Yeah, come on."

Lani grabs my hand as we walk through the room full of people. We make it upstairs and Lani closes her door.

"I'm all ears," she says sliding off her gown and taking her cap off her head.

I stand there almost loosing focus of what I came to talk about. Her attire is very titillating, but I need to get what I have to say off my chest. God she looks so sexy I could-

"I'm waiting Abel." Lani chuckles snapping her fingers at me.

I shake my head from my nasty thoughts taking a seat on the bed.

"First off I want to say congratulations baby girl. You're officially not a loser anymore." I chuckle making Lani flick her middle finger at me playfully.

"But seriously.. We need to talk." I say.

Lani sighs pushing her hair back out of her face. She walks over to her dresser taking a seat on it. I think I know where this is going.

"Is this about me going to Oxford?" She asked looking at me.

I nod, "You guessed it."

She shakes has head face palming herself. "Tell me what you think about it."

"I feel like you going to Oxford will break us apart." I start off.

"You'll be in England while I'm moving around as well. It's like we wouldn't see each other and that eventually would break us up. I'm not trying to get you to stay here but I would like for you to think about the outcome of you moving that far away."

I watch Lani as she swings her legs looking downward. She's thinking about something.

"I mean..." She blows in frustration.

"That's the last thing I want to happen. I really don't want us to end just because of the distance between us. But I do have an education to continue and Oxford university really brings a lot of goods to the table." She says.