Chapter 61

Lani

Two days later

I've done my makeup and flat ironed my hair somewhat straight giving it a natural wave look. It was a challenge but I pulled through. After I showered and put on my body moisturizer by Lush called Tropical Plush, I started to get dressed. I'm wearing a white lace material shirt with a pair of simple dark denim jeans. I put on a pair of my nice nude brown sandals and called it a day.

I think I look pretty good just to be dressed kind of plain. I take a quick selfie posting it on Instagram.

PrincessLanixo ; simple things in life 💫

Peep my Instagram name. I went on ahead and changed it like Abel has been telling me to do for the longest. His fans peeped it within seconds. I swear the xo fan base works for the CIA or something.

Within minutes likes and comments begin to roll in giving me lots of nice compliments along with a few extra comments that I ignore. I close out of the app and start back focus on my task. I walk into my closet picking up my shiny bass. I begin to strum on the strings while humming a random tune.

This evening in a few hours Abel should be back in town. I've planned on him coming over spending the rest of the day with me. Audrey is back at home for now and I've been laying around just doing random stuff. I'm bored and I miss Abel, that's basically why I'm like this. Last night I talked his ear off about me learning how to play a few of his songs now on the bass. I'm a nerd over this instrument.

Breaking my concentration, my phone started to vibrate over and over again in my back pocket. I sit my up against the wall sliding my phone out of my pocket unlocking it. An unknown number is sending me hella pictures and screenshots of messages.

I click the messages opening them up to see pictures of Abel at someone's house holding a small baby. And every single picture looks recent. I keep sliding to the right to look at the screenshots of the text messages. My mouth drops as I read them. The unsaved number at the top of the picture is Abel's number. I know I'm positive because I know his number by heart. I read the messages slowly not knowing what to feel. I can't fully take in what I'm reading.

Fuck it, I'm confused and I'm calling this number to see what the hell is going on. I call the number and within two rings someone answers.

"Hello?" The person says.

"I know this is rude to call someone ask but who am I speaking with?" I ask getting straight to the point.

The person chuckles softly, "I'm Abel's baby mother."

The sentence alone stuns me. Baby's mother? Abel? What the in the f-