Chapter 43

Lani

A week later....

*school bell rings*

"Finally." I groan getting up out of my desk slinging my backpack on one of my shoulders.

I exit the room mentally thanking God because I thought I was going to die of boredom in there. I could barely keep my eyes open the whole class period.
I stop by my locker stuffing my books and things in there. It's finally Friday and it's time for me to unwind and by unwind I mean by not leaving my house today. Audrey has the flu and I'm sure we won't be going anywhere together this weekend so I'm planning on going home, eating, soaking in a Lush bubble bath, moisturizing, and sleeping all day peacefully. I can feel the relaxation already. I close my locker and I get startled by the person standing right behind it.

"Can we talk now?" Tray asked.

I give him a straight face look, "Nope." I say turning around walking the other way.

He groans, "Really Lani?"

I hear his footsteps following behind but I shrug my shoulders continuing to walk out the door at the end of the hallway to get to my car outside.

"You said what you had to say and that's all that matters." I say.

I reach my jeep unlocking the door. I don't feel like being bothered again with Tray. He's been trying to apologize for a week now but I kind of don't want to forgive him. What he said was hurtful and uncalled for.

"Will you stop being so damn stubborn and talk to me." He says grabbing my shoulder.

I stop freezing in my tracks. "I have pepper spray on my keychain, hands off." I warn.

I feel his hand leave my shoulder quickly and he sighs "Lani I want to talk."

"Well I don't." I turn around looking at him.

"I'm sorry about what I said the other day."

I roll my eyes at his pitiful apology, "And I'm sorry that you couldn't just talk to me like a regular person."

"You don't understand-"

My phone rings interrupting Tray in the middle of his sentence. I hold my phone up in my hand reading the incoming call from my studmuffin💞. It's Abel of course.

I ignore the call trying to let Tray finish his sentence but Abel calls again but only this time it was a FaceTime call. I try to ignore it one more time but he calls my phone again. I should answer before this gets more annoying.

"Yes babe?" I ask answering the phone.

Tray looks at me shaking his head disapprovingly. I could punch him right in the middle of his face.

"What are you doing you ignored me twice." Abel says.

"I did have to get out of school first right?" I ask sarcastically.

"You've been out of school for ten minutes baby try again." He states. How does he know the time exactly?

"Creep." I mumble.