Chapter 86

Abel

After hours of my mother cheering over the phone in Amharic from excitement about Lani being pregnant, she's finally back to speaking English.

I only told her the good news about the pregnancy, nothing bad. I didn't include that Lani is missing out on major opportunities and almost had an abortion done. I just want good vibes and good thoughts coming from this.

"Oh Abel, son, you're going to father, a husband, and a man with a beautiful wife and child!" My mother cheers.

"I knew that girl was special soon as I met her. She's the one." She includes and I start to smile.

My mother hasn't ever been this crazy over any girl I've dated.. Ever. But that changed when she met Lani. She's very fund of her.

"That she is." I say still smiling like a idiot.

"You two should come see me next week if you can. I just want to see you both." She says and I knew this was coming. 

I continue to walk around my house doing absolutely nothing but chatting on the phone. "I'll ask her today if she wants to fly out to come visit you."

I might as well go. My mother wants to talk and all of that but I can also go on and take some of my things back to Canada and put them in storage.

"Let me know if you two come son."

"Okay mother."

We continue to talk for about fifteen minutes until I get a text and I tell my mother I'll talk to her later. I was ready to get off the phone actually, no disrespect.

I click on the iMessages icon opening up a new text from Lani.

Baby girl💘 : get ready we're going out.

I look at the message for a second before I respond. I'm usually the one send the text like that.

A : where?

Baby girl💘 : Just get ready I'll be there at 7 because I know you're not dressed right now.

She knows me very well because it's five thirty and I'm still lounging around in my boxers and a t-shirt.

A : I'll be ready baby

Baby girl💘 : Great babe 😋

I don't know what Lani adventurous ass has plotted on doing today but I'm all in.

I head upstairs picking out my attire for the day. I'm going for a casual look and I feel like switching it up.

I lay out my fit and head to the bathroom brushing my teeth, showering, and washing my hair... Yes I wash my hair it isn't rocket science to was matted dreads.

Once I'm out the shower I dry off wrapping my towel around my waist heading back out to my bedroom.

Halfway scaring me is Lani. She's laid back on my bed with her phone in her face. I know she has keys but next time she needs to make a noise or something.