Chapter 51 {Matt's POV}

{Matt's POV}

I was a nervous wreck walking into Emma's dad's office. I haven't felt the nervous in a long time. I don't know why I was nervous though. I mean I already had the approval of her mother. I knew I had once her mother looked at me. Not to sound cocky or anything but I alway's got the approval of women, women of any age. I think its the dimples that seal the deal.

Now Emma's father was another story. I wasn't sure of what he thought of me yet. I was probably going to have to work harder to get Emma's father's approval, not that, that mattered. I would do anything for Emma.

I just kind of felt like he almost thought that I wasn't good enough for Emma. With my tattooed and prieced body. 'Maybe I was being selfish, maybe there is somebody better out there for Emma' I thought to myself. I heard the office door shut and watched Emma's father walked toward's his desk.

"You wanted to talk to me?" Mr. Alton asked.

"Yes sir, I do" I replied.

"About?" Mr. Alton asked, inquizetively

"Emma" I replied.

"What about Emma?" Mr. Alton asked, furrowing his eyebrow's together.

"Well I don't know how much Emma has told you about us or if she's told you anything" I started.

"Emma's told us everything. Or rather she told her mother everything, which in turn her mother told me" Mr. Alton replied, giving me a pointed look.

I gulped nervously and messed with my shirt collar. I felt like my airway's were being constricted.

"Well as you know Emma an I have been dateing for two month's now. I know how we started out and got to together wasn't the greatest. I never meant for it to be like that. I didn't mean to fall for Emma, but somewhere along the way I did. I've been down that road before with my ex. I just wanted to keep a good working relationship with her and a possible friendship with her. Look I know what happened between her and Zacky, and her and I wasn't ideal. I mean I've been friend's with Zacky since the sixth grade and he's one of my best friend's. I didn't want to lie and hide from him, but Emma and I didn't have an idea how to tell him" I said, take a breath.

"Ok than, what about the whole Valary thing?" Mr. Alton asked.

"Look I've never lied to Emma about Val. Emma knew from the start, from the first time she meet me about Val. Val is mean and vindictive. I would never want to subject Emma to that. Unfortunately Val doesn't seem to understand and follow's me everywhere. But I think Val got the point in Florida" I replied.

"You know about Brent and how he hurt Emma and what happened" Mr. Alton said.

"Yes I do" I gritted out "Sorry sir"

"Its ok. Glad to see someone else feel's the same way" Mr. Alton replied.

"Your in love with her" Mr. Alton stated.

"Yes sir. Somewhere along the way I fell for Emma. I don't know when or where. But I would do anything for Emma. I can't imagine my life without Emma in it. I have given her my heart completely" I replied.

"So what is it you want to ask me son?" Mr. Alton asked, with a knowing look.

"I was wondering, with your premisson of course if I could ask Emma to marry me" I replied.

"Look son, Emma is my little girl no matter what. And after what that prick did to her, well I.... I just don't want to see her get hurt again" Mr. Alton sighed.

I went to say something but Mr. Alton held up a hand cutting me off.

"With that being said. I can tell your in love with Emma and care deeply for her. That you would never intentionally hurt her. I can see it in your eyes and with the way you look at her. So you have my blessing on asking her to marry you" Mr. Alton stated.

I felt a smile spread across my face. Mr. Alton and I spent a few more minutes talking and actually laughing.

"Well son I think we should get back out there. Before Emma think's I've had your head" Mr. Alton chuckled.

I chuckled along with him. We left the office laughing and headed toward's the kitchen. We walked into the kitchen laughing. My gaze feel on Emma, who was sitting on a bar stool looking worried. Emma looked up at us, her worried looked turned into one of confusion. I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her and kissed her temple.

Now I just needed to figure out where and when to ask her. Than I figured out the perfect time to ask her.