Scott McCall PT:2

~~SCOTT~~

Stiles, Malia and I were headed into the school to take our PSATs, Tal was visiting Coach for the upcoming game she and Lydia had already taken the PSATs their freshman year. Tal had been avoiding me ever since our encounter and Stiles was getting suspicious of both of us. The last few days I was conflicted about my feelings for Tal; whether my feelings for her were platonic or for something more. Did I want to be with her was still hard for me to figure out but Derek told me I needed to talk to Tal about all of this. He told me that I needed to listen to what my heart wanted not what my head thought was right which was complicated. Right now I needed to be clear headed for today's test since it helped to determine where I go to college after I graduated. Walking into the classroom we were told to hand over our phones and place our fingerprints on the attendance sheet. That was a strange way to take attendance but I just took my seat in between Kira and Malia in the front of the room and with Stiles across from me. The test began though I sensed that there was something off in the air but I just didn't know what it was. 

~~TAL~~

~~TAL~~

I moved through the hallway stopping at the door where Scott and the others were taking the PSATs and my eyes locked onto Scott. The sadness in his eyes was dominant and I know distancing myself from Scott was causing Stiles to be questioning. I told Stiles that I was focusing on what was happening to Derek and that was why I was avoiding the pack though I knew that excuse wasn't going to last long. I moved away from the door and continued to move until I found myself at the team room door I found the Coach past out on his desk. Something felt off I moved towards him, I knew of his past drunk experiences but he was sober for the last fifteen years. Though he didn't reek of alcohol then I noticed his hand and the tips of his fingers were black. I lifted his hand putting close to my nose and took in a big inhale, the smell was foul almost familiar to me except I didn't know where I knew it from. I wiped my finger against the black powder that was on his fingers to feel the texture of the powder and I remembered that the PSATs required a fingerprint for attendance records. Before I could do anything I heard a pair of heels moving towards my direction, I slammed my back into the wall behind the door hiding in the shadows and saw it was Natalie Martin.

"Bobby? Bobby...fifteen years of sobriety and you throw it all away..." she started until she noticed something on the back of his neck. From the shadows I saw Natalie pulled up his shirt to reveal a small rash on his back, this couldn't be from drinking and she moved through the halls. I heard her on her phone, I peered over to hear what she was doing when she stopped midway between the office and the nearby classroom. "Yes can you connect me with the Center of Disease Control Please?" My eyes went wide, whatever was happening to Coach had something to do with that black powder and then I remembered that Stiles, Kira, Malia and Scott probably had the black powder on their thumbs too. Whatever was happening was about to get a lot worse and I needed to figure out a way to help them all by finding Mr. Yukimura.