Chapter 37: Nothing, Just Wondering

ASHTON

"I'll be on the drums this time!" I called out to them.

"Hey! I want the drums!" Paulene whined.

"Back off, Paulene. First come, first serve," I said to her, faking sternness. 

"I won't play anymore," She said grumpily as she sat on the Victorian fainting couch.

Is she seriously mad? 

I chuckled to myself. 

"Done heating! Nice and warm! Domino's Pizza here, people!" Eric said as he placed the pizza box on the small round table of the living room. 

"Thanks, babe," Eric said as he kissed Dianne on the forehead.

I haven't seen Dianne for quite a while.

They've been dating for as long as I could remember. I forgot how cheesy they are when they are together.

It's amazing, though. All these years, since high school until now-- still together.

Well, Eric is not exactly the perfect boyfriend.

The guy's a total flirt. But, y'know, at the end of the day, it's amazing that he knows who he truly loves, and that is no other than this little girl Dianne.

They've come to this stage where they already give each other enough space because they trust each other. They don't need to see each other every single day.

Sometimes, when I look at them, I can't help but probably believe in love.

"Are we playing or what?" I asked everyone who was crowding around the pizza.

After quite a while, I put down the drum sticks and went over them. 

"What the fuck?! One fucking slice left?!" 

"That's especially for you," Dianne said with a chuckle. 

As I was about to pick up the last slice...

James took it and gobbled the dough, cheese, pepperoni and everything else in that pizza slice.

"What a starved man you are, James," I sneered.

He grinned at me, mozarella in between his teeth.

Motherfucker.

"Can we play now?" Horace asked. 

I quickly went back to the Rockband drum set--

Paulene was already sitting there, holding drum sticks on each of her hands.

She grinned at me devilishly. Her wicked eyes sparkling.

"Are you all fucking with me?!" I bellowed.

"Not gonna happen, Ashton," Krista chimed in.

They were all laughing and I just shrugged and laughed along.

When I saw James though, I can't help but remember that last pizza slice. I gave him my middle finger.

James was on the mic singing Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit. Horace was playing the Lead. Franz was playing Rhythms while Tiffany was on the Bass.

And Paulene...

I could facepalm now.

She hits the drums and misses most of the time. She really sucks at this.

"Damn it, Paulene! I get distracted by your awful drumming! That's not even Pro Mode!" Horace complained.

I let out a loud laugh and then a drum stick came flying to me, hitting my chest.