Chapter 28: Bipolarity

FRANZ

Golf really makes me feel better. The sport never fails to calm and clear my mind.

I decided to just go along with whatever I started.

I slow the car down as I passed by Tiffany's house which is just 3 houses away from mine. 

I will set you free, Tiffany.

It does not matter if I won't have you as long as you're free from that Ashton-- free from that one-sided love.

I will then tell Paulene the truth after I win the bet. She deserves it. That's the least that I could do. 

I know she will get mad, anyone would. Sadly, that's the only justice I could offer her. 

If I let Ashton win, he will hurt both Tiffany and Paulene. 

I can't let that happen.

Although, I know I am the one to blame.

I started this mess.

I clicked on the remote to open the gate.

As it swung open, Marco, our security guard, greeted me with a salute. 

I opened my car window, "Hello, Marco. Anything new?"

"Hello, sir! Your mother invited some visitors. They are her friends at her new church," He replied.

I nodded at him and drove inside.

I parked my Hyundai Elantra at the garage, beside my Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Black Series which I only use during very rare occasions. 

Ever since Dad took over my grandfather's beverage and packaging company, our life changed. Dad bought me cars to compensate for the quality time that he could no longer provide.

We had this house and lot ever since. It was a gift from my grandfather. Our house was spacious enough then, but, when I was in high school, we had it rebuilt into the mansion that it is now. 

My father always told me to keep a low profile, though.

He told me that he does not want to rob me of a normal life.

If I showcase our wealth to others, then, more eyes will watch my move.

I just have to live my life normally. Not too high up there that people will want to try bring me down so they can laugh at my fall and misfortune. Not too low that people will just walk all over me.

My father is a man that I will always look up to.

He said that he may not be a man of virtue because of the role he has to play. Yet, he wants me to be that man who he can never become. Which is why, he told me that I do not need to inherit the company if I do not want to.

He said he will be the one to work hard for the family. He promised to leave me a fortune so that I can pursue anything I want.

So that I can live my life freely but of virtue.

However, his understanding and support just makes me want to be like him even more.

Being a business man may mean being profit-oriented, yet, I shall see to it that I will become a man of principles.

I know too well that it is what my father wants. 

I will lead a company that has strong corporate responsibility.

A company that will exist for sustenance and for the society.

The company is a legacy that I would die for.