Chapter 64: Meaningless Highlights

PAULENE

And I am here in the Richmond Mansion, again.

This house could be featured in MTV Cribs and the magazines.

It's amazing that Franz seems like a really down to earth person. He is really like a prince-- humble even though he is rich, smart, and very handsome.

He lacks one trait, though. It is none other than bravery. 

I remember how scared he was at the Swinging Boat, not to mention that I also found out he is scared of Zombie movies. 

I chuckled to myself.

Oh! And Eric's prank at the cabin!

Okay, that one does not count. It was really scary and I almost died, myself.

Franz was pretty brave at the cabin then. He even told us that scary story about the dog licks. I still hate him for using my name.

Well, I guess everyone has different fears. 

As he, himself, told me, his fears do not make him less of a man.

I bit my lip as I remembered how close we were then.

"Let's just work in the library." Franz interrupted my fantasizing as he gestured me to the archway of their library.

I want a library this big inside my house someday.

"Give me a minute, I'll just go upstairs to leave my things," He said.

I gave him a nod before placing my things on the long, varnished, mahogany table.

I then went around their home library. I estimate more than 10,000 books inside this room.

I took out one book from the shelf just to check if the books displayed are real. I saw on TV that some designers just use empty boxes that are designed to look like books to fill shelves of home libraries.

I open the book and flipped its pages.

Wow. Real books.

I roamed my eyes around the room.

How can one family acquire this much wealth?

I then looked back on the opened book I was holding. The first word I saw on the page was, "Capitalism".

I chuckled to myself as I closed the book and returned it on the shelf.

I walked around and saw a small coffee table at a corner with picture frames on it. 

I bent my knees as I take a good look at the pictures.

These are family pictures.

Franz is so cute!

And so that's how Franz's Dad looks like.

And Lucy looks pretty much the same even if she was with a kid Franz. She is still as beautiful now.

I then remembered the story Franz told me-- about Lucy's miscarriage.

Frances Lucia would have been very lucky to be born in this family. Franz's parents seem so loving. They seem like a very happy family. It's like they already have everything.

I then noticed a picture of a little Franz with a cute, chubby, little girl with blonde hair. 

The kid looks very familiar.

I try to think of child actresses. 

Hmm... 

It's not a child star.