Chapter 17: Like the Boss that I Am

PAULENE

"But I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo! ♫♪" Franz and I chorused to Radiohead's Creep.

I still feel a bit embarrassed when I remember how loud my stomach growled. Of course he knew I was hungry because of it. He probably figured I couldn't pay for a meal too, but, he doesn't make me feel bad about it.

Franz is a really, really nice guy.

I can't help but smile.

I wonder why he doesn't have so many friends, though. In fact, he has all the ingredients to popularity. Why does he seem like the loner type?

We are now near the university. I'll take this last time to ogle at him. His green eyes are focused on the road. I look at his tall nose and his beautiful lips. He is such a gorgeous man.

He then looked back at me. I immediately looked away. Did he know I was staring?

I can see a silhouette of his reflection on the car window. He is still looking at my direction.

My heart is beating so fast again.

The atmosphere inside the car suddenly became suffocating.

I just realized Franz's Hyundai Elantra is already parked.

I immediately got out and leaned my back on the car as I wait for him.

I heard his car door open and close. I almost jumped when the car beeped. Damn it. I tried to relax. I hope he didn't see that.

"I was supposed to open the door for you."

I lifted my body off his car and turned around to face him, "It's 2013, Franz. It's awkward for guys to still do that."

"Really? I thought girls still dig the gentleman act?" He said while scratching the back of his head.

"So you were just acting like a gentleman?!" I folded my arms on my chest and squinted my eyes at him.

"What?! No! W-what I meant was, well, yeah. I am gentleman," He said before looking away and started mumbling something.

I let out a laugh.

"Come now, let's get inside. I'm gonna be late," I said with a smile still plastered on my face.

"My next class is still at 2:30. I guess I'll just have to sleep at the library for a while," He replied, still not looking at me.

Library for sleeping. Not bad.

"Uhm, Franz?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you," I said with all sincerity.

With that, he turned to face me and gave me a smile that made my heart want to explode.

"I-I guess I'll have to go this way then.." I dashed towards the nearest school building.

I acted like a dork.

I pant, trying to catch my breath.

Remind me again why I had to run?

I want to bang my head on the wall but I know it'll hurt so I'll just imagine it.

ASHTON

I kept checking my phone. When will she accept my Friend Request? I should probably message her.

"hey pau. ds s ashton. u know? the one u bumped into? band dude from yesterday."

What the fuck?

I erased everything and started all over again.

"hi, paulene. ds s ashton. remember me? ;)"

Ugh. No.

Never fucking mind. I'll just wait for her to accept.

"What's with the face, Ash? What's that?" Tiffany said as she walked towards me. I immediately closed Facebook and slipped my iPhone inside my pocket.

"Nothing."

When she was already sitting beside me, I stood and made my way to my guitar.

I slung the strap over my shoulder, stepped on the amplifier, and plucked some strings.

I wonder if Franz already made his move.

Paulene, you just wait. I'm gonna win this bet. I'm gonna have you, and I'm gonna kick Franz's ass like the boss that I am.

--

Listen to a song first released in 1992-- Radiohead's Creep! I love this song and I hope you'll love it too! <3

This chapter is dedicated to imkaoru! Thank you for the cheering me on! :)